News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / My Ranchero
Last post by Ford Blue blood - Today at 14:16
Sold the Ranchero to a good friend and fellow shipmate that has been lusting after it for three years!  I had been the a few shows with it, enjoyed the drives, got all the little "hickies" out and told him it is ready.  He came up to get the car. 

After giving him the run down on how the instruments would read on the road he took off for Mobile.  Got a call that evening that all was well and it was resting comfortably.  I told him I felt the speedometer was off a small bit.  He informed me it was off 3 MPH, slow.  As he drove back home from here another of our shipmates driving his 2023 Ranger was following.  He informed Jerry that they were actually going 77 MPH......yup, he ran that bad boy at 80 on the speedometer all the way down!  Got 17 MPG, 351C/AOD, I guess the build is OK?
General Discussion / Re: radiator
Last post by Fairlane62 - Today at 01:58
Ok, I misunderstood, I thought it was completely collapsed.  Glad its operable and you can still drive it.
Project Builds / Re: Flamin Mo 57
Last post by mustang6984 - Yesterday at 21:01
Someone upstairs was watching out...and liking you that day! WHEW!!!
General Discussion / Re: radiator
Last post by geraldchainsaw - Yesterday at 17:32
I found a place todo it,   but heck,  for $600 I'll live mwith it
Last post by campy38 - Yesterday at 13:30
Quote from: mustang6984 on Yesterday at 07:47WHEW!!! And are you buying new underwear as well? Just how how quickly were you making fence posts go by?   :burnout:

Uhhhh yeah had me puckered up pretty good😂😂😂 and honestly I have no idea how fast. Speedo still is not operational at this time. Need to order new cable.

We were lucky it was on an uphill and I had already gotten out of it a while back before coming to that T. It's a good backroad to test on but I forgot that it had construction so it was a T instead of a 4 way. Still I'm guessing when my foot hit the floor trying the brakes we were going about 45ish..
Last post by campy38 - Yesterday at 13:26
Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2024-05-17 23:05Does it still have the single circuit master cylinder?
yes I believe so... Which the kit I will be buying comes with everything and booster as well. I will see if booster will fit without a ton of modification but if not I will just go manual and keep it for later. At first my dad and I were just going to order new MC and go through old brakes... But I'm learning and just decided might as well do what I really want and get the whole conversion kit/ replace everything so I don't have to come back and mess with it again.
I have an update on my master cylinder. First, I stated an incorrect number for the bore. It should have been 1". Second, my made in China master has failed and I can't get any pressure in the rear system. In addition, while bleeding the rear system, the fluid level goes down in the front resevoir too! Now that shouldn't happen.
For Sale / Re: '57 Misc. Parts
Last post by Esbit - Yesterday at 08:19
I'm interested in the dash delete and if you have any rear bumperets or bumper for wagon
Last post by mustang6984 - Yesterday at 07:47
WHEW!!! And are you buying new underwear as well? Just how how quickly were you making fence posts go by?   :burnout:
Last post by Fairlane62 - 2024-05-17 23:05
Does it still have the single circuit master cylinder?