News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WTB '57 Ranchero SS Bed Trim Piece ----- WILL PAY FINDERS FEE!

Started by KYBlueOval, 2020-01-19 14:29

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm looking for a Ranchero UPPER LEFT Corner piece in Stainless. These Corner pieces were produced in Chrome plated Steel and Stainless. I have a Right Side in Stainless, need the Left.
IF necessary, I'll buy a Left and a Right to get a Left.
Hoping the Forum will come through once again, or lead me to someone that has this piece.
Thanks
John
I've attached a photo of a Left in Chrome

I'll pay a $50.00 Finders Fee to the person that connects me to a seller that has this piece (in Stainless Steel, not Chrome) , and that I make the purchase from this seller.

gasman826

I walked through a bunch of cars today.  I remembered to check the Rancheros.  There was at least five of them and they all had the chromed corners...no stainless.

KYBlueOval

Gary, the stainless is the exception, I readily stipulate that, but I only need one! Many many thanks for looking. I really do appreciate your interest.
John
P.S..........where did you come across five Rancheros?

RICH MUISE

Not only 5 Rancheros, but in the dead of winter........... in Michigan............ on a Wednesday!!
John and I were discussing the posibility of the ss corners being from '58, and we're also wondering if '59s were the same....anybody know that?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

A hoarder acquaintance that I bump into from time to time has 50-60 cars and a few pickups.  Only a couple are NOT FOMOCOs mostly '55-'65.  He likes '57 Fairlanes as well as others.  I had a box of '57 parts that needed a new home so this gave me an excuse to go visiting.  It was pretty cold so it was a quick walk around.  A couple of the Rancheros are '58s.  The next time I'm there, I'll ask for permission to take and post pictures but a drone photo would be more dramatic.  His place is in flatland, farm county and you can see the cars from more than two miles.

Ford Blue blood

I believe the bed trim is the same for all three years.  Might be the 59s were the source for the stainless corners?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II