News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

power steering bracket

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-02-04 19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I'M looking for the power steering bracket that bolts to the water pump has the hole in it to go over the plug in water pump. I think the part # is 33559-A, I must have one here some place but can't find it so could use some help. Thanks Alvin.  Cell # = 1 406- 855- 7362 or aw stadel@ gmail.com.  Take care.

Hoosier Hurricane

Alvin, be informed that the hole you are referring to is not to slip over the plug in the water pump.  There is a special shoulder bolt that goes in that hole after you remove the plug.  When you find a bracket, see if the seller also has the bolt.  Also, the long 5/16 bolt that goes through the water pump and timing cover is a bit longer on the PS equipped cars.  The non-PS bolt may be too short for good thread engagement into the block.   John

alvin stadel

Thanks John, I have the sholder bolt and the correct water pump bolt.  was hoping that someone might have the bracket. As we all know sometimes the smaller parts are harder to find.  Thanks again, Take care, Alvin