News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted ...... Ford 3 Bar GT40 Heads

Started by KYBlueOval, 2021-01-16 15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Would like to find a pair of GT40 "3 Bar" heads to use on my 351 W.        These are not the GT 40P heads.
Thanks
John

terry_208

What's the difference between the two?  I didn't know there was a different GT 40 heads.
Terry

CobraJoe

GT 40 3 bar heads are the GT40 heads, 4 bar heads are the "P" heads

Head Type       Intake Port          Combustion Chamber
E7TE                 124cc                      61cc
GT40P                145cc                      59cc
GT40-Explorer     145cc                     65cc
GT40 - Cobra      145cc                      61cc

"The GT40 & GT40P heads had a few differences that are note-worthy, the most importantly being the bump in compression. The GT40P heads had a small combustion chamber ranging from 58-61cc while the GT40 heads had a 63-66cc combustion chamber. The GT40 heads have thermactor holes built in to connect to the EGR/smog equipment whereas the GT40P heads us an external EGR connective system. The GT40P heads also had a different spark plug placement making header choice important. GT40P specific headers are needed unless you use spark plug wires with 90 degree boots to clear the heads."

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

KYBlueOval

Cobra Joe is spot on correct!
Now, who on the Forum has a pair they would part with?

KYBlueOval

Terry.........Yes they are. But I have moved on since I could not find what I wanted in a short time frame.  The engine builder I'm using found a pair of Aluminum heads that I'm going to use.
Thanks for the post and information..........I do appreciate it.
John