News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front license plate bracket

Started by Buckaroo, 2021-09-27 14:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckaroo

I am looking for the front license plate bracket for a 57 Fairlane.  It has two holes close to each other in the center of the bracket.  Any help on where to find one would be appreciated.  I did not see one in any of my catalogs.

cokefirst

I am looking into having these reproduced.  I have to purchase 500 + to get it done and they would run retail at about $38 each. I have a prototype done and the manufacturer is ready to go,  But I am worried I won't be able to move enough.  Is there enough interest?
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

thomasso

Thats a lot of brackets.  It is not that hard to fabricate one.  I modified an old Dietz universal one.  Yes they are hard to find.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

mustang6984

coke..I would buy 2 for sure. My cars are both Courier...but I am not doing a restoration on them...both are hot road type.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Buckaroo.........I found mine if you're still looking. It's in pretty good shape. I can post a pic.

btw, my thought on having 500 of them made..........I wouldn't. too many......unless you can get the distributors to commit to enough quantity. Most states don't require a front license plate I don't think, so many don't use them anyways.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Buckaroo

Thank you but I did find one.