News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Swap Meet

Started by alvin stadel, 2022-05-02 09:32

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

This past week end I went to a swap meet in Great Falls Mt.  It is the largest we have in the state, and the first one they have had since the covid hit. It was well attended by venders and buyers. I sold most of my 57 parts 2 years ago, but keep finding more. Normally there is not much intrest in 57 ford parts, but this time there was. One guy that is restoring a 57 T Bird bought all my bird parts, and another guy that is just starting to restore a 2drht, bought all the rest of my 57 parts.  All I came home with is a new set of monroe shocks and a set of 292 heads.  So to me it was a great week end, I got to see and talk with a lot of friends and it is good to know the parts went to 57 car guys that will use them. It seems to be more fun to sell parts when there is NO postage involved.

RICH MUISE

Glad you had a good weekend, Alvin. I'm anxious to hear what John says about the Pate swap meet. I heard it expanded quite a bit this year, which is kinda hard to imagine, as big as it has been.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich........I did attend the Pate Swap Meet and yes it was bigger than ever. A friend of mine and I walked a little over 7 miles (he had an app on his phone that kept the step count) and saw only about 60% of the meet.
They had vendors set up in the grassy parking area. I've never seen that. The promoter said there were 10,000 spaces sold for this event.That does not translate to 10K vendors as many vendors buy 5-10 spaces.
I saw very few '57 Ford parts and what I saw I did not need. My best buy was a Spal Fan. New, this particular model sells for $193.00 at retail. I paid $10.00! And yes it works.
 Next time I'm thinking a scooter rental may be in order so I can see it all in one day. $5.00 parking and free admission. Weather was good, windy, no rain. Went on Friday, it was well attended on Friday, Saturday must have been a Zoo.
Lots of Tri-Five Chebby parts, Mustang parts, and the largest display of Model A Doors, Fenders and misc. sheet metal parts I've seen in decades. This guy had 30-35 doors!
Glad I went.
John