News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Stabilizer bushings position

Started by cos, 2023-02-26 11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

cos

Hello Sorry for so many questions. I have searched forum for pic to show position of stabilizer (sway Bar) bushings. They are slightly rounded on one of its four edges. Can anyone tell me which way the rounded is pointed? Thanks for any info.

gasman826

All the reproduction sway bar bushings I've seen are rounded on one side.  I think they are just universal.  If I remember correctly, the rounded bushings will not draw down enough.  When installing the ADDCO oversized bar, I make the bushings from a block of PVC.  The PVC shapes easily with common wood working tools.

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2023-02-26 12:33All the reproduction sway bar bushings I've seen are rounded on one side.  I think they are just universal.  If I remember correctly, the rounded bushings will not draw down enough.  When installing the ADDCO oversized bar, I make the bushings from a block of PVC.  The PVC shapes easily with common wood working tools.

I remember seeing those when I was at your place and you telling me about them. As I recall you said they took little time to make and were simple to do.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker