News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

water heater valve

Started by 1930artdeco, 2023-04-10 15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Hi All, I bought a separate water heater shut off valve that I am going to install on the inner fender on the pass side of the engine compartment. My question to you that have done this is, how did you route the cable to actuate it? I have an idea but I would like others to chime in to see if there is a better idea out there.

Thanks,

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

Ford Blue blood

I have always put the valve in the passenger compartment that had cable controls, under the hood when using a manual valve.  Mind you this is only three builds and none had issues so I can't say which is better.

The one thing I always strive for is the fewest hole in the fire wall as possible, just MHO.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

To me, it's a seasonal thing, so convienience of being inside the car is outweighed by the probability of leaks inside. When I had one, mine was under the hood. The valve will add two more spots for potential leaks. On my car, the most annoying continual issue I've had is leaks in any hose carrying water/coolant.
With that said, be aware my 4.6 dohc has more hose connections than any of the old school motors......example: my thermostat is not mounted to the engine. It floats between 3 hoses.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

1930artdeco

Yeah, I think I can get away with using a hole designed for one of the insulation 'rivet' holder thingies. I will get Concourse to build me an extra long cable and then find/make something to create gentle curve for the cable. This way no extra holes will be drilled. Hoping the valve does not leak and things operate like they should. I would leave it out totally and just let the water heat up slowly....but in the PNW where it can get cold.....
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan