News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

SHAVED Door Poppers and solenoids placement HELP

Started by johns2000, 2011-04-27 10:30

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Anyone here do the shaved door and poppers, if so where did you place the solenoids that pull the door latch mechanism? Also what poppers are strong enough to open the doors, the poppers came with the kit but I don't think they will be strong enough?

Thanks in advance

shopratwoody

A custom Ranchero I had years ago had the solenoids in the doors of course, the relays
were on the firewall and the buttons were just inside the box in the corner by the rear
window. Just don't get a dead btry. :003:
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

I helped a buddy put solinoids in his 57, we hooked the cable for the solinoid to the inside door door latch.  Used bicycle brake cable and ran it on the out side of the skin under the door panel, mounted the solinoid inside the door under the glass when it is all the way down.  We also ran a second cable on the passenger door with the wire harness (speakers and solinoid power) into the fender well and mounted the end to the bolt that holds the inner fender against the fire wall.  The black cable housing and black under coating made it disappear.  The popper was put in place of the rubber stop on the lower door edge and work good enough to get his fingers between the glass and quarter window rubber.  Used a late Ford keyless system (I think 90 T-Bird) and fobs and relays (no key pad as it was butt ugly in most every location we tried).
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

meteor

I put trunk solenoids in my doors, mounted inside/bottom of the door with a short cable to the latch. I didn't install poppers because the door rubber provides enough pressure to pop the door open.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com