News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Skyliner gas tank replacement

Started by TonyC, 2012-01-06 05:55

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyC

I'm having to replace my Skyliner gas tank. I have the '57 Ford Shop Manual and the Ford Retractable Shop Manual but nowhere do they give step by step instructions for removal and installation. Is there a source for this? The tank straddles the drive shaft. I have a new tank that has a neck so I don't need the O Ring for the "filler tube" to tank connection.

I also seek pictures of the filler neck to gas tank and vent tube to gas tank. I'm ready to drop the tank (it's drained) and don't want to mess up anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony C in New Braunfels, TX

Ford Blue blood

Pull the fuel line and sender wire loose.  Remove drive shaft.  Place jack under tank.  Remove gas tank straps.  Lower jack while "wiggling" the tank and filler around to get free of the fill ring seal under the gas door.  Easy as it sounds...
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Another Texan new to the site...welcome. We did a post a few months ago about the number of us. Were's New Braunfels? (if I wasn't so lazy I could look on mapquest)
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe