News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Got my first long cruise done!!

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-06-25 09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Outstanding sir! I imagine you couldnt be happier with your cars' performance. I had a little business in Albuquerque in October of '14. It has a nice Rt.66 strip. The only other picture I have has a '57 Chevy in it!
Lynn

Lucky'57

Good for you Mr. Muise :) Man, that must be something to see, awesome job Sir. Yeah, you gotta be careful out there, people always taking pictures... Make sure you don't get too frisky or you'll end up on the you tube. (appologies to the wife in advance). LOL You sure got a nice car there.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RICH MUISE

One of these trips to Albuquerque, I'm gonna do the rt66 thing there. I've been on portions of it east of Alb., but not in the downtown area.
Speaking of road trips....Alan from New Zealand just called. They are  in Memphis (so I finally figured out he was saying, lol) and will be here Wednesday. I've been blocking my '57, but haven't taken it apart yet, so if he's got time I can take them in it to the local hot rod musuem here in town.
Just saw your post, Lucky....thanks. At my age, I'm too old to get too carried away, and I'm always flattered that someone wants to take a pic of my car. I just gives lots of waves and smiles.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Alan got here this morning as planned, and I got to tool him around town abit in my '57. We went to my friend's sspeed shop just a few blocks from my house where I found out he (Alan) was looking for a mid 60's Unibody pickup. My friend gave us a few leads so we drove around for a while looking at some of the old tin in my area. Unfortunatly, I found out the one my friend was refering to was not owned by the Charlie I thought he was talking about, but another Charlie who had a storage lot just a block away from where we were.
We then went over to Bill's Backyard Classics and drooled over their 168 cars on display. Then back to my yard where Alan, his son and friend got into their rental mini van and followed me to the Cadillac Ranch. His boys had a hell of a time climbing all over those cars and spray painting NEW ZEALANd on them (putting your John Hancock on these cars is encouraged....really!!).
From there they headed west on I40 with Albuquerque as their tonight's destination.

Alan had a bagfull of gifts for me and Connie from New Zealand...and two awesome 57 Fords International pins sent to me from Tom Drummond!! Thanks for thinking of me, Tom...they are really neat and really appreciated. I also got the y-block Ford badge...stuck a magnet on it and put it on my toolbox! Thanks again Tom.

racton

:unitedstates:Congratulations..Arent these 1957 Fords fun.I just had my leaky radiator recored wednesday.It is reinstalled .I replaced the wires,plugs and points.(points are at 19 degrees so ill reset them in a while.Its raining in Cleveland this morning.
  rich muise your car is first class.  enjoy the day............racton

RICH MUISE

Got my second long cruise done, lol!! 600 mile round trip.....went to Santa Fe to do a 4th of July car show. Drove in Sunday as the cars were suppose to be there starting at 5am, no later than 7 if you wanted to enter your car. The show was held on a closed off street that runs of the old square / downtown art area. It's an annual July 4th event that the car show is just part of. It is a huge pancake breakfast and art/crafts show and sale. I'll bet at any one time there were 20,000 people in the area. I absolutly loved it....best show I've been to in 10 years as far as the setting and the quantity and quality of the attending crowds. I was absolutly amazed at how many people were seriously looking at the cars, and in particular how many women were taking more than casual looks at the engine compartments.
I was answering so many questions about my car, my voice was almost gone by 10am. I had people standing and waiting for me to get done with others!
I was parked between a 47 Packard owned by a man who was obviously a member of the Santa Fe establishment and a high dollar flawless 55 chev. Both of those guys got alot of well deserved attention, but almost always it was a good look, then maybe just a thumbs up to the owners. My car I think people saw as different. Many didn't know what it was, and most (even the hot roders) didn't have a clue what the engine was. I was getting so many compliments and so many wanting to know about the car' I really was overwhelmed. LOL, one guy, about 50ish, came up to me with a serious look on his face and said, "man, I gotta tell you I don't like your car......
I loooooove your car!!....what is it?"
No rat rods at the show...except mine, and I never saw any regulations about what was allowed and what was not. Mine was the only one being a project in the works. Anyway, I had a great time, this will always be on my to-do list.

RICH MUISE

The first three pics above were at 6 am. These two were what the crowds were like after about 8 or so. And a few OT cars I liked....sorry, I didn't get a pic of the 55 Chev next to me.
The Citroen is kinda interesting because it is a 1957 also! Talk about being behind the times in modern design. I like it. The closeup is a Dodge pickup.

RICH MUISE

Also...last week Allan was here from New Zealand.....I caught him and his son Louie, and friend Ben spray painting cars.....Yep, without pics it didn't happen right??..............
Hmmmm, not sure why I didn't get Louie in the 2nd pic...I think he was off to the right somewhere,.

ok ok....I confess, I gave them the spray paint.

Zapato

If it wasn't for all the paint on those caddies they probably would have disappeared by now.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72