News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Car on rotisserie and new floor

Started by Jerry Box, 2014-01-08 23:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Box

Bought a rotisserie to put my car on

Jerry Box

Now I can do a nice job on the floor plan

Ecode70D

Jerry
    That's one very nice heavy duty looking rotisserie that you have there.
     I couldn't help but notice in picture #698 that there is a round plate on the left rear of the car.
Is that the remnants of an old whip antenna?   Is there a chance that your car might have been an old police car? .  Thanks  Jay

RICH MUISE

Sharp eye Jay....wouldn't one of those be cool.
Jerry very nice setup...that rotiserie is going to take all kinds of time off that restoration....money well spent. The rust areas on your car look very similar to what I started with, and it certainly looks like your getting ready to do it right.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

electricalan

Jerry, Looks like you got a nice unit there.I was looking into some car lifts,but That might be a better option.Would you mind letting us know what they run and how you happened to pick that one.I am hoping to have my ranchero going that direction in the spring.
                                                                      Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Jerry Box

I don't know if it was a police car but it has holes that have been patched up front by the windshield where they would've had spotlights to. I bought the rotisserie from dave@carotator.com for $1295.00 very nicely built all 4 inch square 3/16 thick and made in USA and I just like it.

hiball3985

Beautiful car, those rims and caps look good on it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

It does look great, but hard to believe it's the same car as the rotisserie pictures.

electricalan

Thanks Jerry,good to know.I do think I will go that way.Wow that car sure came a long way since I was on here a couple hours ago.Looks Good.
                                             Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

I guess what Al said made the point better than what I said..those last pics look like a car that just came off a rotiserie instead of going on.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-01-09 23:52
I guess what Al said made the point better than what I said..those last pics look like a car that just came off a rotiserie instead of going on.

Yup...we know what a good looking exterior can hide........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jerry Box

That right I had no idea it was like this the pictures they sent me and all the under coating you could not tell. But it is ok with me this way I will know what I have. And I like working on the old car.

Frankenstein57

I'd like to have a rotisserie, probably second on the list to a lift. I should help my buddy with his Chevy 2, then steal his rotisserie! :rippedhand:

Limey57

Yep, gotta agree, having had a rotisserie in the past that I (stupidly) sold and then having used a body roller on the Ranchero (the sort that bolt under the body and have a curved arm to allow the body to be rolled on its side), the rotisserie wins easily.  The one I had was home made which meant you couldn't adjust the centre of gravity, get it wrong and when you start to roll the body, it just "goes" and you have to let go or it'll take you with it!

If I get another rotisserie (if/when I find a 57 wagon.....) I'll mount castor wheels on it so I can get the whole thing onto the trailer to haul the body to the shot blasters.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Jerry Box

Started the floor repair. I got the rear left side cut out and new floor panel welded in. It take a long time welding it in I am seam welding every thing. My first time welding thin metal you have to go slow and jump around.