News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new project! country sedan wagon

Started by jseth83, 2015-01-11 19:33

Previous topic - Next topic

jseth83

Here's the new project!  Just picked her up this afternoon.   She's actually in much better shape than our current Town Sedan when we got it. ...
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

canadian_ranchero

there must be a wagon thing going on

lalessi1

As a Tudor sedan guy I feel left out....
Lynn

jseth83

I didn't fully appreciate wagons until having kids and the accessories that come with them.   This project was actually my wife's idea...
67 Mustang

hiball3985

Great project car, I'd rather have a wagon then my Ranchero.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Great wagon ! the Moccha silver (metalic brown) paint is a nice choice, is that still OG paint ? 4ds are as cool as 2drs these days, especially with the family.

jseth83

Thanks guys.  I'm very excited.  Unfortunately our pickup ignition started giving us major problems on the way home so we have done more truck shopping than 57 work so far.....right now we have just been looking at pictures and trying to come up with a plan for the car.
67 Mustang

JPotter57

That's the car I sold a couple years ago.  I just had too many projects, was trying to buy a house and move, etc.  Would make a pretty good car.  I have a friend that I gave a pretty decent cowl and dogleg section to, and the last time I was there, he still had it.  If you want me to check for you, I will.  He also lives in Pass Christain, just a couple miles or so from me.  Glad to see someone get it and do something besides crush it.  It had a decent or at least useable front end on it when I sold it, I guess he sold it or used it on something else.  I cant remember, was that a C code 292 or D code 312 car?  I usually keep record of that kind of stuff, but I don't think I wrote it down.

PS, that guy also had a wrecked 58..does he still have it?
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

By the way, one thing I found about that car when I bought it off ebay, was that the 9 inch had been pilfered out of it, probably was in the red 66 Mustang coupe that was sitting next to it.  It had a 57-59 9 inch housing in it.  The wagon has an 8 inch rear, prob out of that same Mustang.    I drove to Little Rock AR to pick it up. 
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Here's what it looked like when I found it..had 4 flat tires, locked up brakes, etc.  Was fun getting it onto the trailer, lol..  I have some more pics at home, I will post when I find them.  Again, thanks for saving this car..
By the way, not sure if you've noticed it yet, but it did have a 58 steering box and column in it...a good swap.
Old, loud, and fast.

djfordmanjack

what's with the rear bumper  :001: :003:
This is a great wagon project with a cool color combo. hope this will get back on the road. looking forward to the resto.

JPotter57

It was on upside down in this photo.  I made it about 50 miles before 1 of the 2 installed bumper bracket bolts worked its way out and the bumper started dragging on the highway...had to pull over and tie it up with big zip ties, because the remaining bolt was rusted so bad, I couldn't tighten it.  Ended up cutting it off when I got home.  The brackets were still good so I left it in the back...not sure if it made it to this current sale or not.
Old, loud, and fast.

jseth83

Hey that's awesome!  Man yeah it's a small world.  Yeah he gave me a lot of the front end parts.  He did sell his '58 recently.  I'm planning on putting the fiberglass fenders on this one that I bought from you a couple of years ago.  Yeah that surprised me when I took out the gas tank and saw that the rear was different, but I didn't bother me because I'm hoping to install a late model disc brake rear-end in it eventually...or I could put the 9 in it from another car I had.  I'm probably just going to transfer the powertrain and dash from my sedan over to it.  We actually just finished the doglegs.  My dad does a lot of boat work so he used some tubing to form the runner portions and built the rest out of fiberglass.  I think it turned out really nice.  If I get a chance I'll post some pics of how it's going.  I'm wanting to re design the trunk area but can't decide what I want to do yet. 
67 Mustang

jseth83

Heres the latest, after cleaning and treating the metal, we did a coat of rusty metal printer than this undercoat.
67 Mustang

GaryI72

It's nice to see so many 57's on the road to recovery. Moving a vehicle with locked up brakes is such a drag. Keep up the good work!