News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new project! country sedan wagon

Started by jseth83, 2015-01-11 19:33

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Found the title!!  It is on the way to me now, will get it to Jacob ASAP!  Awesome.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

jseth83

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to it!  I need to post some pictures on here.  I decided to install a third row seat (baby #3 is on the way) from a newer Ford Taurus, and we're pretty happy with how it turned out. 
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

jseth83

Here's a new picture of the front.  I think we are going to go with this off-white and gray color scheme. 
67 Mustang

jseth83

This isn't a great picture, but this is the rear-facing third row seat that I installed.  Only the back is installed in this picture.  It came from a 90's Ford Taurus.  I welded in the brackets to mount it.  It wasn't too hard, but it took a lot of fine tuning to get it to long in the right orientation, and not to bind on anything (it used every bit of the rear area).  I also removed most of the most aft transverse frame member, and am welding in a larger trailer hitch from a pickup to replace it.  More to come shortly on that (I hope)....
67 Mustang

jseth83

woops, here is the pic....
67 Mustang

JPotter57

That is cool.  I am glad to see something get done to the old car...keep up ths good work.
Old, loud, and fast.

jseth83

I have a clear title now.  Thanks James!
67 Mustang

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

jseth83

Finally had a chance to post a picture.  I'm pretty much finished with the install of a 97 Mustang front suspension (k-member type).  Building the strut towers took a while, as did getting the correct wheelbase.  I test fit a SBF in and am pretty happy with the height.
67 Mustang