News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

OK I'm in with my build

Started by glen b henderson, 2015-09-22 07:44

Previous topic - Next topic

glen b henderson

Like James, I have pictures scattered around and it will take awhile to round them up, but here is a starter.
Freedom is not Free

Jeff Norwell

Wicked Glen.What is the Battle plan?
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

glen b henderson

The engine is being built by my friend Jessie Holmes (JHP Performance) in Pensacola, FL. It is a 63 406 block with C4. I'll get more details later, we are still working on a few details, heads, intake ect.
Freedom is not Free

glen b henderson

Just a few pic's of how I did the front axle.
Freedom is not Free

glen b henderson

one more
Freedom is not Free

glen b henderson

and again
Freedom is not Free

glen b henderson

The front axle is a 53 F1 unit with F1 springs. I guess that I should say that this car is being built for the drag strip and most like will never see the street in my lifetime. Before someone gets upset about cutting up a classic car, it was rougher than 20 miles of dirt road and in my opinion beyond restoration. The car had a lot of cancer and had been hit hard in the left rear quarter. I have major body panels from six different parts cars along with most of what EMS makes. Another reason that the car will not be streetable, is that the 63 406 hipo block has been filled to the freeze plug holes in a former life. It was bought as a bare block from Holman Moody and has never been on the street. More later
Freedom is not Free

RICH MUISE

I for one sure understand what you're saying about the "don't get upset....". I spent 3 1/2 years replacing rusty metal with new stuff on mine. So, I'm in the same boat with figuring I have the right to do what I want without upsetting anyone.... restorers probably are shaking their heads at my resto-mod approach, but I doubt a restorer would have given my car a second thought as a project.
Great job, Glenn. I think it was your car James posted some pics of a few years ago, in the gallery section??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

The stance looks spot-on, always liked 57 Ford gassers.  Did you do the rear arches by hand or did you use repair panels off another model of car?
Gary

1957 Ranchero

glen b henderson

The rear wheel wells are trailer fenders, I just cut about 2" off the outside lip and welded it in. In hind site, I would have smoothed the area in front of the opening and brought the flare down further in the rear. But it is what it is now.
Freedom is not Free

junior58

In my opinion, the beauty of this forum is that it caters to all types, be they restorers, modifiers and racers, with no-one judging others or criticizing anything they are doing. If a 57 can be kept alive in any form, it is a good thing.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

glen b henderson

There are quite a number of mid fifties gassers out there, thanks to social media they are coming out of the closet. The main stream magazines never gave them the coverage that the scrubs got. My old Y block powered Falcon gets a lot of attention at the tracks and shows that I attend. The fans love to see someone doing something other than a sbc powered anything.
Freedom is not Free

Ford Blue blood

and that is one bad a$$ sounding Y-block!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glen b henderson

Thanks Bill, I sure did want to build a all out Y Block for the 57, but the price tag ($12 to $15 K) is just too high for my budget. The FE we are building will only be a 1/4 that amount, of course we are using a lot of used, donated and swap meet parts. Maybe one day I can scrape together the funds for a really badass Y Block.
Freedom is not Free

glen b henderson

A little progress on my economy fenderwell headers. Cut down a old set of truck headers and fill in the blanks.
Freedom is not Free