News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Gotta love our redneck towns! I was in Oklahoma today, came thru Roosevelt driving between two carshows. Both these pics were in the center of town on the main drag. The salvage yard covers a block of the main st. The Michelin man was 3 blocks down. When I spotted the parts yard, I circled around a few blocks to go back and snap a pic. When I did, I noticed the police station was in the old abandoned high school, and there were at least a half dozen wrecked police cruisers behind the school. I love this place.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

B A S E B A L L !!! Finally.
Got 1/2 of my garage reroofed..It sure would be alot easier without 30-40 mph winds. Gonna take me a week just to clean up inside with all the dirt that has blown in with an open roof.

57AGIN

Guys:

I could hardly believe what I was hearing at 1:00 a.m. PDT, it was pouring rain.  Maybe following the small earthquake we had last week there will be enough holes in the ground to let some of the rain go into the groundwater table, instead of the ocean.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

The worst part of long dryspells in SoCal, as I remember, were really slick driving conditions at the first rainstorm. Sounds weird, I know, but after a year or so of 1970's polutted air, the first time it rained it brought all that polution/oils to the road surface floating on the water and it got really slick.
Don't know if it's still that way...if it is it's a good thing that heavy rain was at 1 AM.
It's 84 degrees here today, wind gusts blowing me all over the roof today...gonna quit for a while, see if the wind dies.

Zapato

Portland swap meet starts tomorrow, will be there Saturday. Anyone else coming? Will have cell with me 360-635-1828 ,oh and I'll turn it on.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Not me..Portland is a little far. Thanks for forwarding the email/youtube on the Volkswagon plant...that was incredible. I'm going to post a link to it here. I sure wouldn't mind having one of those Phaetons in my driveway, btw. Watch this incredible video, guys!
https://www.youtube.com/embed/nd5WGLWNllA?rel=0

RICH MUISE

Got the last 1/4 of my garage stripped of the old roofing and prepped for the new stuff yesterday...then the winds came...bad enough to cause a 23 car pileup on I40 with big rigs being blown over. Needless to say I stopped working on the roof. Today, NO wind, yay, but it's 32 degrees outside as the sun came up.Thunderstorms forcasted for tommorrow and Sunday...gotta get that new stuff up there today. With all the dirt I've had blown in my garage the past few weeks I sure don't want it to rain on it.

Ford Blue blood

Rich found out a leaf blower works super to get the dust and unwanted crap out of the shop.  Should do the job with all that dust.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

When I had my woodworking shop with 40K feet of picture frame moulding in the same place as all my saws, everything got covered with sawdust. Every spring and fall I'd open the overhead doors, don a mask, get the leaf blower and start. would take hours, having to stop every 15 minutes or so to let the dust settle, and making 3 or 4 passes thru the shop before I got the heavy layers off. Maybe that's why I don't breath so good anymore.
Unfortunatly I don't have an overhead door in my work shed, so that won't work here.
Just in for a break, btw. I may just get this thing weather tight for the most part by tonight. So far no clouds or wind.

electricalan

Yep, Zap I will be hitting the road to portland bright and early just as I have for 30 years or so. Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

Zap, Alan....how was the Portland swap meet?
Got some rain over the weekend, heavy at times. Perfect timing...my garage passed the leak test..now for cleanup inside and on to reshingling the 18 x 36 storage shed/work room, then on to rebuilding the north, and final, side of the house, then on to rebuilding the rear deck and adding a roof over that, then on to.....
Heck, I need a nap.

Zapato

Swap was good, came home with a couple minor things for my non-57 cars. Met Alan and his wife always good to put a face to a name. Caught up with some other friends typical good time. Didn't cover much ground, never made it over to 57cheros booth but he's always a phone call away and will be when I get serious on my 57.

And made a few contacts that will come in handy in the future.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

electricalan

Rich slow down your making us look bad. The swap meet was good.I picked up a new tailgate and grill.They are in great shape and figured it was better than fixing mine.I got there early and was done outside by the time it started to rain.I then did the buildings and never got rained on.I met Zapato at noon and had a nice little visit.I met lots of car guys in town and at our hotel,and besides having cars in common ,they were all very nice folks.I had people helping me hold parts,holding doors,buying me beers,ect .ect..Ihad a great time.Thanks for asking.Now I better get out in the yard and get something done.Its 70 and sunny,but the rain comes back tomorro.Later Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

Slow down?? LOL....If I go any slower on my projects they'll be checking for a pulse.... Eight or nine years and counting on my '57 now.

Zapato

Rich, years ago got talking to guy building a 32 Ford coupe. He'd been working on it for over 20 years and had just finished the frame and drivetrain. Hope he pickled the engine or he'll be tearing it down again when the body is done. He did have pictures, no way Henry would have built it so nice.

Zap= :unitedstates:

not complaining but it was about 80 degrees and muggy today, had to stop and come in to cool off. wife came home a few minutes later and one of the first things she said was ''phew ! you need a shower''.
Zapato