News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Forgot to post to Elecricalan....nice score finding a good tailgate...those apparently are getting hard to find in good shape!
I got a start on cleaning out debris from my garage area yesterday. We ordered the shingles for the storage shed and I bought a new coil roofing gun yesterday...love them new toys. The shingles will be delivered tommorrow, now if I can round up the nephews to carry the 26 bundles  up to the roof for me, it shouldn't take but a few days....if I have to carry them up it may take a few weeks.
Zap had mentioned this before, but don't forget Lowe's and Home Depot both offer 10% discounts to Veterans...sure helps on a big project.
BTW, my wife is the veteran in this family.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Yup! that 10% discount is good at both those places and the local farm/feed store (WILCO) does it too. Not sure if its chain wide but the local Home Depot stores have a few reserved VETERANS parking spots. Never sat down and added up how much I spent on our master bedroom addition a few years back had to be at least 6K at those 2 stores so yes it does add up, and its a straight across discount sale item or not.

I like to keep the past just where it belongs however these discounts were never offered till the guys started shipping out for Desert Storm. And no longer we NAM vets were shoved aside. Took some time for us and we got off easy Korea vets have yet to receive the respect they deserve.

Not sure what they charge to haul up bundles up to the roof in your area Rich runs right around buck and change here, money well spent. Our last house  when we re-roofed (complete teardown) the roofing outfit came out and the guy tried to talk me out of putting it on the roof. Said it would be a bear to do. Figured it would be way worse for me hauling it up a ladder than for him with his conveyor. He probably wasn't too happy when his company called a couple days later to ask what I thought of their customer service.

Zap- :unitedstates:

And Rich, please do me a favor and thank your wife for her service.

check out www.military.com/discounts      and if in doubt just ask  ''do you offer a military discount?''   its saved me a bit of change over the years.

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

electricalan

Thanks Rich.I am happy to get the new gate and maybe it will save me a bit of time.I bought my ranchero 15 years ago and just got it out of storage last summer.My son wanted to supprise me for my birthday and pulled it out of storage,and got it licensed,state patrol inspection,new tires and rebuilt carb ,brakes,waterpump ect.He was working on it in a neighbors garage trying to fire the motor when I stumbled upon him.I helped him get it fired up.He was real close,but the timing was off.So in my first 15 years I really didn't get anything done on it,but I am getting serious now.I am done having kids and buying houses so its time for my favorite car to get some time.   Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

hiball3985

Today is the 50th anniversary for the Mustang. I got my 66 out from under the tree and weeds and washed it and will take the spiders for a celebratory ride this morning  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Had a good day today. This morning while waiting for my shingles to be delivered (I was suppose to have them yesterday),I got one side of my "temporary" garage painted. Not that I procrastinate much, but I built that thing 8 years ago and never painted it. Finally my shingles got here about 1 pm. I dug out the new roofing coil nailer I just bought anxious to give it a whirl. Just as I was starting to carry my first load of shingles up the ladder, my friend Clyde dropped by with yet another guy to show my '57 to. An hour later I finally carried up the first shingles. I am just tickled to death with that Harbor Freight nailer. Got it on sale for 80. bucks after reading alot of good reviews on it. Well, by the time I finished up tonight I got 7 bundles carried up there and nailed on....about 2/3 of one side. That gun never skipped a beat, went thru 6 or 7 coils of nails. :burnout:
We've got 80 degree weather all week thru sunday, then a chance of snow Sunday night. crazy. With any luck I'll have my roof done by then.I just ordered new windows for the last side of the house, they won't be in for two weeks, so I may get to work a bit on the '57 til they come in.
No ball game tonight..I may try to get those data code sheets that Jay sent me scanned and posted.

Zapato

What the hell Rich ? Your friend Clyde and his buddy didn't help you put those shingles on the roof ? You sure they are Texans ! Seems a bit unneighborly to me. Please say it ain't so.  :'(

Zapato

Frankenstein57

Finally warmed up around here, two in a r ow hit 60.was goingto get the car out tonight,  worked late, and off to a funeral tomorrow. Supposed to be 30 next week, thought I heard the s word mentioned.  Mark

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-04-11 01:03
What the hell Rich ? Your friend Clyde and his buddy didn't help you put those shingles on the roof ? You sure they are Texans ! Seems a bit unneighborly to me. Please say it ain't so.  :'(

Heck, they're older than I am...no way I'd want them on a ladder at my property. Besides, Clydes unfortunatly had some health issues they are trying to figure out..can't work much.
Mark..in the 80's here again today...still may have some of that "s word" Sunday. I did get the first side of my shed roof shingled today..man, am I sore all over! The work seems to be helping my bursitis in my shoulder though..although the doc said I also had a small tear in there somewhere, so I'm still being careful with it...my own therapy...work.

Limey57

Spent all day today cleaning and checking the trailer in preparation for the first trip of the year over the Easter break, as I washed & polished the sun shone!  Blue skies and little wind made it feel like summer's knocking on the door, but I'm sure there's a rain cloud holding back just waiting until we pitch up and light the barbecue......

Also having fun & games with my daily driver, it's only six months old and has decided to start randomly cutting out on the freeway!  Total engine shut down is pointing towards an electrical fault somewhere but the garage can't find anything wrong as no fault codes are showing.  Modern cars have way too many electrics, the fuse panel for the trailer hitch looks like the inside of a computer so the electronics for the engine management must be 100 times more complex........
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Hey Limey....take some pics of where you go for vacation...always like to see those vacation shots, particularly from the guys abroad.
Compexity of modern vehicles makes you wonder what the future hot rodders are going to have to deal with.

RICH MUISE

80's most of last week, only got up to about 70 yesterday for about two minutes, then the cold front came in..snowed last night. Just a few inches, but cold and windy. Good news is I finally finished up the roofing on the shed just as the cold was blowing in. I get to sit on my butt for a few days...this old body is sore, but I aint complaining..glad at 67 I can still carry shingles up on a ladder and get 'er done. My Harbor Freight cheapie roofing gun, btw, never skipped a beat thru over half of a 7200 nail box.

Zapato

70-80 one day and snow the next, has to play hell on a body. we've had  sunshine for a few days which means mowing the lawn and blowing bubbles with my gran daughter. life is good, need to head to the lumber yard and grab some supplies.

Zapato

57 Ford Kustom

Same here in the North East, 60-70 for a week, 2-3" of snow on wednesday!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Gas has had a major jump in prices here in Calif. While out yesterday I was seeing premium at $4.50, we are getting screwed again  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

going up here also...regular jumped from 3.23 a few weeks ago to 3.49 yesterday. Well, summer is around the corner, with all the travelers, the gas company's gotta have a chance to recoup their losses. (yes, I'm being sarcastic) Haven't looked at premium prices..won't have to until I get my '57 on the road, and who knows where it'll be by then.