News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

~Chris

RICH MUISE

Mornin'!......blue skies this morning..yay! No, it hasn't been raining, or even cloudy..we've been having a brown out for 2 or 3 days. Yesterday the dirt and dust was so heavy you couldn't tell where the sun was...dirt over everything..car washes are gonna be busy today.The '57 is filthy..lot of dirt blew in....gotta get that shed sealed up better.
Gas is going back down around here..3.24 at Sam's club.
Bill...isn't that Birmingham auction with the f-code custom coming up in May? Are you still planning on attending, or did the wedding up north change that?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich to be honest not sure when it is.  The wedding plans have expanded some.  Leaving earlier and coming back later.  Both my Mom and Dad were avid supporters of high school sports, they never missed a game (I played football and baseball, curled in the winter) and continued to attend when the grand kids played.  School built a new sports complex, part of the "plan" was to have various parts of the field landscaping donated with memorials.  We bought one after Mom passed away for the both of them and the dedication ceremonies is Saturday the 10th....so it is off earlier to attend that.

Survived the tornado outbreak, only hit the shelter once Monday night.  Former work mate lost his house.  He was lucky, a friend called him (about 11:30 PM) and said a tornado was bearing down.  He and his wife got into the basement just as the roof was being lifted off, the rest of the house followed in seconds.  Neither of them had a scratch.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

don't know how you guys live with that kind of weather? we complain about rain and grey skies but not much else. hope all those tornadoes have died off.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Bill...guess I haven't been paying attention much...didn't realize the tornados were in your area. Sure glad it missed you..sorry to hear about your friends house.
I can't even remember where I saw the ad for the Birminham auction...I'll look for it.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-04-30 08:52
don't know how you guys live with that kind of weather?
Zap- :unitedstates:

Part of it is sitting on the patio drinking a cold one on New Years day in shorts and flip flops, cooking big bird in the same clothes, no taxes to speak of, low cost of living and for me being close (I have three acres on the end of a dead end street) to parts stores, groceries and if needed one of the best medical facilities in the U.S.  It's really not too bad, after having been in Nam, Lebanon, Libya and the Gulf this weather is kids stuff.  Just prepare, have a plan and execute that plan if required.  If the stuff gets blown away it just don't matter that much as long as we (wife and I) are OK.  The 14 year old cat is on his own!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

sprink88

Little off topic.  But has anyone heard from f57ord? I was perusing and see he is listed as guest now.  He had the Felix cat avatar.  Is there any more guys MIA?
~Chris

57 Ford Kustom

My wife and I had a incredible surprise last night. We were at my Daughters house for dinner, and my son who has been gone since November in the Air Force was there to meet us! Needless to say we are over joyed! He only has a week before he has to report to his permanent duty station at Moody AFB in Valdosta, Ga, but we will take a week! It is great to see the change in him, you fellow Veterans here know what I mean! We are truely a Blessed family this week.
Tim :unitedstates: 
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

sprink88

that is super Tim! My middle son graduates this year, and wants to be a Firefighter in the military, then go to be one when he gets out. He has to check on his knee. 18 years old and already two titanium screws from football.
~Chris

canadian_ranchero

a person i know just offered me some project cars,2 meteor 4 door wagons[one is really poor]2 sedan deliverys[one has been made into a ranchero by cuting the back roof off]none run.he is talking $3000.what do you guys think? 

Zapato

Have to believe you could sell some of those Meteor pieces and cover half the cost easily. Not to mention how cool it would be to build a Meteor sedan delivery. Glad I don't have to make that decision.

Zap- :unitedstates:  :002:

And if you do  the deal and decide to part out the Meteors let me know what you'd want for a complete grille.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

sprink88

Haha.  Way to go Zap.  Sounds like another project idea!
~Chris

sprink88

There was two in a junkyard here. Straight but typical sitting outside in a junkyard condition. I think one is only a 57 though.  Next time I am there.  Will try to take pics
~Chris

RICH MUISE

sprink88

haha. I like it
~Chris