News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

electricalan

That is so funny.During our conversations at our mothers day breakfast we had a discussion about using turn signals and another  that got into Boston accent.Very timely. Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2014-05-06 23:12
a person i know just offered me some project cars,2 meteor 4 door wagons[one is really poor]2 sedan deliverys[one has been made into a ranchero by cuting the back roof off]none run.he is talking $3000.what do you guys think?
had a chance on the weekend to look at these cars,all i can say is rusty and in poor shape.$1500 would be almost too much

RICH MUISE

What a bummer. Oh well, a solid courier would have really had you figuring out what to do.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

I have a friend that has a 58" Caddy convertible that is having a huge issue. I know it's not a 57' or a Ford, but I told him I'd through the question out there for him. His Caddy is a positive ground system, I am not even remotely familiar with them, but it seems as though he can't even drive 5 miles down the road with out completely draining his battery. I thought that it might be his generator, but wouldn't a new battery last more than 5 miles before completely draining? I hope that some one with some back ground in positive ground systems could help steer me in the right direction! Thanks in advance.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

I really know nothing about Caddy's but I find it hard to believe that by 58 they were still positive ground. I only worked on one old Cad, think it was a 49 and it was 6 volt positive ground I think..

Edit: If either the regulator or generator was disconnected for some reason it has to be polarized or it can work in reverse and suck the power out of the battery.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Thanks Hyball,
   I didn't believe that it was either, until I looked at it myself! Sure as @#$% it was! So maybe a good start would be to repolarize the Generator?
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2014-05-14 19:32
Thanks Hyball,
   I didn't believe that it was either, until I looked at it myself! Sure as @#$% it was! So maybe a good start would be to repolarize the Generator?
I would try polarizing, won't hurt anything.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Hah...ran into one of those "DAAHHH..why didin't I think of that 5 years ago?" things today. Working with those non familiar metric threads again, I was mic'ing some threaded brakeline fittings today to confirm they were metric and not sae. As usual, I went directly to ok..now that I know what it is in thousands,and know it's not an sae dia. thread, how do I figure what metric dia. it was. As usual, too lazy to look up conversion calculations, then it dawned on me...I've got all the metric "go-no/go gages" I need...my open end metric wrenches!
That doesn't tell me the thread's pitch, but at least I can easily find the dia. in mm's.

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2014-05-11 08:43

Wicked Pissa! hahahahah

Jeff 
    That kinda talk sounds nomal to me.  I don't see any problem with usin the blinkah.

Rich
    It would come back to you real quick.     

canadian_ranchero

i just found a rebuilt 223 with about 3000 miles on it,it comes with the trans,drive shaft and rear end.came out of a 56 wagon. he did a engine swap.the guy wants $300.the 223 in my car runs good,i do not need it,but.......going saturday to pick it up

Ecode70D

That's good insurance.  You never know when you might need something off of the spare setup.

djfordmanjack

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-05-14 21:35
usin the blinkah. 

what he say ?  :burnout:

if you could only hear us say that....exactly the same pronounciation in Austrian for the German w?rd 'Blinker' :002:

RICH MUISE

what he say ? 
He said use yah blinkas....LOL..I've gotta give Jay a hard time because I'm originally from the Boston area also, and I use to mispronounce everything also. I've talked to Jay on the phone and he sounds just like all my relatives back there. Taauk layda. LOL...we're probably confusing the heck out of you guys on the other side of the big pond...sorry about that.

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2014-05-16 16:22
what he say ?  :burnout:

if you could only hear us say that....exactly the same pronounciation in Austrian for the German w?rd 'Blinker' :002:

Günter
    You know how the some Austrians and Bavarians have their own dialect.  We people from Boston also have a strange way of talking.  When I leave this area or talk to someone on the phone, most people don't even know what I'm saying.  Jay