News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom 300 trunk lock spacer and release rod.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2013-11-23 08:25

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

Thanks for your interest! I'm looking for the spacer and release rod, I think there's two different types...maybe more, I have the basic lock same style as the doors no emblem so the rod is longer, the rods from the emblem locks seem smaller. Thanks Donnie.

Ecode70D

HRD

I have some spare pieces that you are welcome to  have, but I'm not sure about  what you actually need.

Do you have a diagram or some sort of a picture?

Maybe if you took a picture of what you do have, I can figure out what you need to get it back together.
Jay

hotroddonnie

Jay I need the release rod with the hook and loop on the ends, and the wedge looking spacer with the hole threw it. I will post another picture of the one that I don't need. Thanks.

hotroddonnie

Jeff lent me this one to see if it would work, but he has the emblem on his trunk lock and this one is different. Plus there's a scratch on it!

Ecode70D

Donnie
    Scroll down about 5 threads from this one  to Bumper Guards Needed and take a look at the picture of the trunk lock on my car.  Is that the same type that you have on your car?
    I'll go out to the garage tomorrow and get the bag that my spare trunk lock parts are in and look for those pieces.   Jay

hotroddonnie

Jay here is mine, yours is the other type.

Ecode70D

Donny
    I have had locks like that.  It sort of looks like a 58.  We'll see what I have tomorrow when I go through my stuff.  Jay   

wildhog

That is a Fairlane lock, not a Custom. Should be easy to find.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

hotroddonnie

I wasn't aware of that Wildhog, just figured it being so plain it was from a 300. Well the picture is up that shows what I need, and like you said it should be easy to get. I've just left it till the end. Thanks HRD.

Ecode70D

Donny
     These are some spare pieces from my custom lock assembly.
      The wire piece is about 2 7/8 " from outside edge to outside edge.
      Let my know if there is something here that  you can use. 
       Jay

hotroddonnie

Thanks for doing that Jay. I just started to do the lock set and the car was in pieces when I got it 5 years ago. Wildhog made a comment about me having a Fairlane lock. In my previous post with the diagram, the rod you have doesn't seem to be the same, it's more like the one I borrowed off that Norwell guy. I'll keep you posted. Thanks Donnie. 

Ecode70D

Donnie
     I'm just curious...
     When you were doing the body work on your car, do you remember filling or welding a sort of square hole on your deck lid that is approximately 1/4 inch?   It would have been located about 2 inches below the hole where the trunk lock is located now.  If so that hole is for mounting the custom trunk lock assembly.
     It might be a good idea to take a good look at that guy Jeff's car to see what I'm talking about.
     Wildhog Tom  nailed it though.    Assuming that the lock hole is in the right place on your deck lid, you should be able to locate the Fairlane pieces to get the whole thing working.  The guys on this site are very helpful and someone is going to have the pieces in his spare parts pile somewhere. Jay

hotroddonnie

No it was it just had the hole for the lock that is on it in the picture, plus I like the plan one....less is more for me.

hotroddonnie

Thanks for all your help, I now have the parts I needed. HRD

RICH MUISE

well, here's one other thing to consider or figure out....How did it get a Fairlane lock? Fairlane and Custom trunks are not interchangeable,  It wouldn't seem like the hole shape/size/configuration for Fairlane and Custom would be the same, but they may be, I don't know for sure. The point I'm trying to get at, but not doing a good job of, is that someone may have put a Fairlane shaped hole in the Custom's lock position...which means something for the latch connection may have to be fabricated.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe