News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted- Sedan Delivery Tail Gate and Hood

Started by MeanGene, 2014-02-27 12:34

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

I am almost 100% sure that the tailgates on the wagon and Ranchero are the same.  Not sure about the sedan delivery but one would think they are the same.

dgasman

All the tailgates and window lift gates are the same . The lift gate on the delivery is a tailgate and lift gate bolted together .the reason there is three windows is because of the two support braces that help hold the unit together . You could order a delivery with the normal tailgate lift gate and even with rear windows.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

MeanGene

Yep, bolted together lift gate. The rust spots are below the corner windows, looks like water got in through gaps in the gaskets in the brace area

Don't want to "modify" anything that can't be put back- hence, looking for another hood- got lotsa interesting stuff that could go under it  :icon_madu:

dgasman

Gene,

You know a FE fits with stock motor mounts and I know you might have one or two lying around.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

MeanGene

I dunno, I think I'm down to 8 427's right now- going thru withdrawals  :sad5:
But then again, the one I just sold bought me this '57- plus  :003:
And a few pieces from Mr. Albert Gonzalves...

MeanGene

Choices, choices... Just got a set of FPA headers for a long deal from a friend, so I'm pretty committed- and I just love my 427's... Gotta keep my governor on and do a mild one, so I can drive it a little- the mileage on this one with a 4K converter and 5.14's doesn't even compute  :tard:

Also just got a cherry set of original ALGON adjustable nozzles, and I already have pretty much the whole original setup, needle-type control (instead of a barrel) valve, aircraft pump, even the cast front cover with pump drive- but that should go on the Galaxie. Still, if I had another hood... So I'm thinking that cherry 324/500 cam out of a boat engine, and my Bird 6V setup- and the air cleaner just happens to have been trimmed at the back at some point, which seems to be a tight clearance area in a 57, so I wouldn't have to cut one. Also have a set of those sweet polished aluminum boat "spark arresters" that could spend some time on there. Got a couple sets of original chrome baldie covers, so the set with the breathers could go on there. And the pickup 3spd w/OD toploader for a little mileage. Still thinking..

electricalan

I would like to know if they are different and how.I bought a tailgate at portland swap meet that was marked ranchero /wagon.It has the hardware in the top for a wagon latch and a ranchero bull mounted on it. I noticed a contour a the top where my bed chrome goes on.I dont know if the top of my gate has a removable piece that covers this or not.I have not had time to tear into it.Moral of the story is....If I have the wrong unit for my chero I probably have just what you need.
                                                                Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

57chero

The tailgate is the same, you need to remove the latches for the lift up wagon window and install the metal trim cap from a ranchero tailgate and then the stainless trim piece goes over that.

electricalan

Thats what I was guessing,but just have not taken it apart yet.Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

MeanGene

btt- still looking. Got lots of interesting trading material/bait too- especially FE stuff