News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

kick panel retainers

Started by Contibob, 2014-04-21 22:51

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

They were so bad I didn't take any pictures.  It took 5 rusty ones to make the two in the pictures. 

I encourage everyone to consider installing tack strips for the windlace.  The OEM hardware will do fine on the rest of the headliner.

Contibob

How much do you want for them shipped to San Diego. you can IM me if you prefer.                             

RICH MUISE

How does 40 plus 10 for shipping sound? or make an offer. I think I paid 20 for the one I bought years ago....the one on the right in the pic.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-05 18:58
The abs panels will be covered, then screwed to the wood strips over the windlace.

Rich take a look at using Velcro to hold the panels in place.  That self sticky stuff that upholstery shops use is magic!  Staple to the wood, scuff the back side of the ABS and you should be good to go.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Another good idea I had forgot about. A buddy bought a '56 pickup a while back..all the door panel are put on with velco...works great, makes for easier access. Holds like crazy.

RICH MUISE

Contibob...I saw where 57chero made an offer to you for the retainers as well as the window flappers you were looking for. Sounds like a good deal to me...if you want to run with his, there is absolutly no problem or hard feelings on this end. I wasn't looking to sell them (yet) anyways.

hoover

i have a set .    joe 906-250-1757

RICH MUISE

Bob....They are in the mail. The P.O. says Saturday. Keep me posted. Rich

Contibob

Thanks for keeping me posted Rich. I will let you know as soon as they get here. Bob

RICH MUISE

Got the payment today...thank you.

VwDrvFnd

Can someone post a picture of what the kick panel retainers actually look like? I dont have the original kick panels in my Ranchero. It would be nice to know what the things look like when i go to try to replace them or rig something that will work in there place.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

RICH MUISE

Vw...check page one of this post. Gary and I both posted pics.

VwDrvFnd

Thanks I guess i just plain missed them!

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-12 21:34
Vw...check page one of this post. Gary and I both posted pics.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?