News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need the Clip that secures the lock in the glove box door

Started by KYBlueOval, 2022-01-10 14:37

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm in need of the Clip that secures the Glove Box Lock to the Glove Box Door. I think that is the only piece that holds the lock to the glove box door. If there is something additional, please tell me.
Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

I may be going to my old house tomorrow. I'll check the shed to see if I got it. I know I've got my glovebox door somewhere.....never used it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

RICH MUISE

I found the glovebox door...I'll pull it out later (after a nap) and let you know what it is I've got.
57chero.there was no edit to your post. I just hit the wrong (moderator's)button instead of the reply button.
John, I thought I had your address, but I don't. PM it to me.

RICH MUISE

ok, nap over, car unloaded, ready for another haul tomorrow.
The glovebox lock is held on by two screws as 57chero stated. The clip I can see is in a rectangular opening just under the lock. Is the clip all you need? I may be able to find the key to the lock if you don't have a match. I can post a pic if needed.
Got your address........I'm gonna be busy for a few days.........I assume there's no rush in getting it mailed.

KYBlueOval

Rich, .......... I was incorrect on how I described the function of the clip I need. Clayton is spot on correct, it takes two screws to hold the lock in place and the clip holds the Ford Emblem in place.
The clip is what I need. I have the lock, but no key. IF you find the key, I'd be interested in the lock/key.
NO HURRY on my part.
Thanks to both you and Clayton.
John

RICH MUISE

I've got a whole ring of '57 keys, but none of them worked the lock...sorry. Not sure if is a bad key or a bad lock. I'll get the clip mailed.

terry_208

I have forgotten, does the trunk key also work the glove box?   I don't have a key for my glove box door either.
Terry

RICH MUISE

Talked with John yesterday. We don't know for sure which key it is ....round or square. We're both assuming it's the round trunk key, but don't know for sure since neither of our glovebox locks are functioning. I'm going to play with mine some more today, and I'll let you know if I figure it out.

lalessi1

On my car the ignition key locks the glove box. It turns it 360 degrees counter clockwise to lock it. The crazy thing is that I changed the ignition and door lock cylinders to have the same key for each but I don't remember changing the glove box lock.
Lynn

glr7533

I didn't have a key for my glove box so I just took the tumblers out of the lock. Now any of the old ford keys will lock or unlock it. I don't lock it very often and realize it is not the most secure but how many people have an old ford key with them to unlock it.

RICH MUISE

John.....found a key that works, so I'll get it all sent along. It was not the trunk key, don't know if it was originally a match to the ignition key.

RICH MUISE

John......I got a square key to work. I'll get it all sent along. When you get it, you'll find the key has to be pushed in, then pulled back about 1/16 or so.

KULTULZ

Guys,

If you go to BPN 3687 (Lock Set Chart) and/or BPN 22050 (CYL and KEY SET) (1949/59 PASS CAR MPC TXT), it should give you the info you need.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

KYBlueOval

Quote from: KULTULZ on 2022-01-14 16:17
Guys,

If you go to BPN 3687 (Lock Set Chart) and/or BPN 22050 (CYL and KEY SET) (1949/59 PASS CAR MPC TXT), it should give you the info you need.

Thanks for that information, I'm sure it will be useful to many here on the Forum.
The charts that you quote.......Are these charts that a competent locksmith will recognize and have or are they Ford documents that Ford Parts dealers should recognize and have? A Google search turned up nothing.
Thanks
John