News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need the Clip that secures the lock in the glove box door

Started by KYBlueOval, 2022-01-10 14:37

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Not sure you saw my last post, John. You won't need a locksmith.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich,..............Yes I did see your Post and Thank You for the parts. As I said when we spoke, no hurry.
I have interest in these charts as I have several locks that will need keys. Doors,and several ignition switches.
Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

John,

Not sure if you knew this, the passenger side door lock has the key code stamped on it.  Any lock smith can turn those numbers into a key.  The drivers side and ignition locks have nothing on them.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

Thanks Bill.............I'll dig through my "Door Parts" and find the lock and look for the code.
John

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-01-14 08:07
Talked with John yesterday. We don't know for sure which key it is ....round or square. We're both assuming it's the round trunk key, but don't know for sure since neither of our glovebox locks are functioning. I'm going to play with mine some more today, and I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I believe the locks are all on the round key...the square one was only for ignition. a competent locksmith could make a round one work...just change the locks to match it.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

My car.......the square key is door locks. Not original, but new repop locks w/keys. Have no clue/bad memory on the ignition because mine is 90's Mustang.
No trunk lock either....it's been decked. The key that fits the glovebox is also square........don't know if it matched the original door locks.
John.....the lock is in the mail. post office says Saturday the 22nd. I've got the tracking number if needed.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval