News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Accelerator Linkage

Started by BAMA_57, 2015-06-28 18:34

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMA_57

Can some explain how the linkage works on these cars? I have a 312 with what looks like the original accelerator linkage through the firewall. There is a mechanism mounted to the rear of the intake and it is attached to the peddle linkage and the carb linkage. Not sure if it is original, the car has an Edlebrock 2x4 intake. The peddle will not budge but if I work the carb linkage it works freely. There is a rod that connects the peddle linkage to the mechanism that seems to be the problem. When I disconnect it the peddle works freely. A photo of someones setup would be great or direct me to something online.
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

lalessi1

Here is a diagram from the shop manual. Hope this helps. The linkage is pretty simple...it pulls open the throttle.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Your oem linkage may vary. I think I remember looking at linkage diagrams in the chassis manual, and noted the oem linkage varied depending on 6 or 8, as well as auto or manual tranny. Not that I know enough about these to help, but if you could post some pics of what you've got there will be somebody here that can spot your problem.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BAMA_57

Yeah, I'll have to get some pictures. It's in the body shop so I'll have go back. It was working when I took it over there (over a year ago). The diagram image does not look like what I have. I'll get back to you, thanks.
Ron
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer