News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

power steering

Started by 57imposter, 2019-08-19 13:57

Previous topic - Next topic

57imposter

To anyone who may be interested in converting their manual steering to power rack and pinion..  I have a complete Worth-It designed power rack kit. This includes everything you need with the exception of some nuts and bolts.  It includes all the parts for the steering drive line with U-Joints to connect to your shortened stock column as well as a 1' DD that will connect to an after market column. A ford power steering pump that was purchased last year and has very few miles. It also has a fresh Cordone rack that is still in the packing it came with, never installed.
I am looking for the pittman arm, drag link. idler arm and bracket and tie rods from your manual steering and will trade the power set up straight up for those parts. It's going to be hard to find a better deal than this to get power steering for your ride.

lrbaxter

Did you ever make that trade?  Just came across this posts.  I want to convert my Ranch Wagon to PS, would probably use an electric pump due to space as I have a 390 in there.  If you still have the conversion stuff, let me know what you would need for it.
57 Ford Ranch Wagon, 57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor