News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Meltdown Drags Byron, Il July 19-21

Started by JimNolan, 2013-07-08 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Byron picture

Mark

byron picture

6cyl57

Jim, are you running an electric fuel pump ?
you may want to put a pressure gage on it first .

and BTW the worst looking 57 Ford there was mine !
You guys sure brought out some very nice cars.

JimNolan

Jim,     
      I saw your car go down the track and I looked at your car on top of the hill. It's a nice little car. But, do you know what set your car apart from most of the fifty seven's I've seen around the country. It was THERE, it was driven and it was shared with others. There were no bad looking 57's at the drag strip last weekend. 
      The Electric Fuel Pump: I don't want to go there. I know it's better and more reliable but I don't have a race car. Besides that, the only reason I have electric windows is I was too cheap to pay 450 dollars apiece for stock rebuilt door regulators. The less electrics I have on the car the better.
     The car gets the 3/8" fuel line tomorrow and I've got a grudge match at a 1/8th mile track at Bunker Hill, IN this Sunday. (My buddies Bullitt Mustang). He should beat me in an 1/8th mile but he's going to have to be on his toes to Get-R-Done.
    Are you bringing your 57 to Columbus over Labor Day?
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

6cyl57

Jim,
       here is a shot of my other car, just to try and add a little credit to what I am saying.
  this car  best  is 12.18 @ 111.mph at  Byron.

this car would lay down on the big end and not pull like it used to. the E.T.s
started to fall off.
A friend talked me into putting a gauge on it. Took it for a ride and nailed the pedal.
The pressure went to 2psi.
I put a Holley blue pump in line and used it only while racing. "they "say not to plumb them that
way.
Just trying to help.

not sure if you were referring to me in your last post
but my name is Jim also :002:

6cyl57

a few more pictures , hmmm funny how that white 57 seems to be most of the pictures
what a photo hog that guy is...

I may be able to keep up with this one...

6cyl57

JimNolan

Quote from: gasman826 on 2013-07-29 18:20
Just some thoughts?€?but a 5/16?€? fuel line should have no problem feeding a 300HP engine at WOT.  The line might have a partial obstruction, a clogged fuel filter, a failing fuel pump, or a plugged vent.  Those mud dobbers love to plug vent lines!!!!!!!!
Gasman826,
    I had all new inner fenders put on the car four years ago and a new fuel tank in 2004. The idea that my vent line was plugged was not something I envisioned. Tomorrow I go to get the 3/8" fuel line installed. But, a few minutes ago I crawled up underneath the car and blew air through the vent nipple and the tube that goes into the left inner fender. The tube was stopped up. I was able to clear it by using a flexible plastic dowel rod with sharpened end. Then I could blow air through it. Installed new hose and clamps and decided you needed to know. This mind you after three weeks ago installing a new non-vented gas cap. GOOD CALL

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Mark on 2013-07-29 21:23
Byron picture
The first two pics posted by Mark....Jim Nolan's car? Not sure...been a while since I've seen a pic of his.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Mark

Rich, every time Jim post something on here, I see that front fender of his car so I knew who he was as soon as I saw the car, I think when I met him I said "you must be Jim Nolan, I recognize that car from your post".     NICE car...I didn't take my car car on the track, the main reason I went there was to see the cars and the guys and to take pictures. Tom told me to go out and get a picture of your car on the track, but I told him I have a bunch of pictures of my cars on a track already  :005:  here is one kind of both on and off the track------(the 57 is not my race car) and yes the picture is sideways-the tires are suppose to be at the bottom right?? :002:

JimNolan

Mark,
   I remember that conversation now. I continually feel ashamed that I can't put 2 and 2 together anymore. I met a bunch of new people and some I'd met before and didn't even remember their names. When I'm not around someone for an extended period of time I forget their name. Forgive me. I even forgot Paul Johnston and he came down to see me. I even ended up screwing over him on a transmission and I didn't even recognize him. I'm trying to make it up to him though. I do remember you took a lot of pictures and we talked at the fence constantly. Sorry for not recognizing the name. Jim

57AGIN

Mark:

That first photo at Byron Dragway sure looked like it could have been taken at an NHRA event back in 1957 with all those nice looking 57's gathered around.  I'm jealous and I'm sure Rick is too about the great opportunities you guys in the Midwest have to get out to a drag strip and have fun together.  I guess we had all our fun back in the 50's & 60's, then we got over populated and all our drag strips ended up closing because the land had become too valuable and the neighbors kept complaining about the noise.  It looks like there were a lot of nice cars there.  Enjoyed the photos.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

What the heck is that wagon up on posts in front of the resauraunt? LOL..looks like a  checker/ford/plymouth?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

Rich, It is a 57 Ch*** sedan Delivery, and you can only make them look so good!!!!
We had a really great time and had a good time at the Melt Down and had a good turn out of 57 Fords, every one liked the 57 pedal car. Now it is time to regroup and get ready for the 57 Ford and Y-Block shoot out at Columbus Ohio, Labor day week end Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)