News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

ditto, and to second that thought, any current reproductions of stuff they've been making for years would be on existing tooling......so, highly doubtful a major decrease in quality will be seen. I mean, it's the quality of that tooling that makes the difference, and even a lower skilled operator I would thing wouldn't have much of an effect on product.
General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by RICH MUISE - Yesterday at 22:14
Elevation was a bummer at 9360 ft! I got there about 7 after driving again thru some gorgeous scenery. I've been there 6 or 8 times. Anyway, tried sleeping, from 9:30 to 2 am, couldn't fall asleep, even with my Oxegen attached to me. Finally thru in the towel and drove 45 miles to Cimmeron, where the elevation is 2500 feet lower. Got 3 hours sleep, made it back to Red River in time.The car didn't do well at first, but after 4 or 5 starts, it ran great even over a few mountain passes at 10K feet+. 700 miles roundtrip, and the first long voyage for the replacement engine couldn't have gone any better.
Typical New Mexico show........11 tri-five chevys in the 100 or so cars. Mine was the only 50's Ford.
General Discussion / Re: Part # 358939-S What sty...
Last post by mustang6984 - Yesterday at 13:22
And the photos just came in while I happened to be sitting at my computer. So...here ya' go!
General Discussion / Re: Part # 358939-S What sty...
Last post by KYBlueOval - Yesterday at 13:19
Problem solved!
I installed 10-24 Nut-Serts and #10 Socket Head Cap Screws.
The rubber bumper fits tight on the cap screw head. All is good!

I sent photos to Hugh and I'm sure he will post them, when he checks his E-mail. One photo of the nut-sert and the #10 screw, and one with the rubber bumper installed on the screw and the third photo shows where the strap would rest without the bumper.
John

General Discussion / Re: solid lifters
Last post by mustang6984 - Yesterday at 11:20
Good!!! Much cheaper fix! And easier! WHEW!   :006:
I used EMS stuff a few years ago.  I doubt they have let their quality slip given they are making improvements to pieces they already have.  The lower front fender patches are a great example.  Their new patches are perfect replacements.  They aren't even in the same ballpark as their old pieces that the new ones replaced!  I just can't imagine they would let quality slip.
General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by Fairlane62 - Yesterday at 00:41
Have fun Rich.  Red River is really nice scenery.
Last post by geraldchainsaw - 2024-05-31 21:07
turned out to b a  bad bearing,  waterpump
Last post by Hoosier Hurricane - 2024-05-31 21:04
Gerry, you said the noise got louder when you installed aluminum valve covers.  Is it possible that the rocker arms are hitting the covers?  I seem to remember having this happen to me in the past, I don't remember what brand covers that was.   John
Wanted / Re: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2 d...
Last post by Fairlane Fan 57 - 2024-05-31 20:39
Thanks Abe, I will check it out.