News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Neutral safety/ back up light switch

Started by dan, 2010-08-10 16:27

Previous topic - Next topic

dan

Is there another switch available that will work on the '57?

Lou

There were 2 different styles of back-up light switches used on 57 Ford from the factory, what style do you have?

dan

I think it's B7AZ-7A247-A...4 connecters..(2 bullet, 2 spade...1 male, 1 female.).Factory install on the steering column   combo back up and neutral switch.

cool57

1958 switch allows car to start in park.

dan

Thanks! I found a junk yard '58 that works......

ptwood

Hi
I have a 57 fairlane 500 2 dr, 292 auto  63A (but I think car originally was manual as the clutch pedal is still in car.. pushed to floorbd beneath carpet) and converted. I don't know where to look for (if I even have it) the neutral safety switch.
Can anyone help. I would like to install or repair it .. as I can start my car in drive..which I know is a safety no-no.
and if I don't have it..(once I know were to look) where should I look for one to buy.. how is it wired?
Thank you
Peter

shopratwoody

The auto cars had it on the column under the hood by the linkage.
I don't have back up lights. I'm sure it's in the manual. :003:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

The manual 300 I parted out had the back up light switch on the column under the hood.  It was situated so the 1 - R lever hit it in reverse.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

stevewible

greetings from caqlifornia. i`m new here, and have found alot of good info in this club. although i`ve owned over 43 autos since 17, i still get amused with the different technologies each manufacturer believes in. currently i am building a `57 ford sedan delivery, body is stock. everything else is an up-grade. i`m currently trying to figure out where in the hell the neutral safety switch should be installed on the column. does it connect with the shifting arm in the engine compartment. and how does it attach to the column? eventhough i have no driveshaft right now,i`m still going to need this eventually. i`m getting close to starting this beast ,390/406, rollerrockers,3/4 cam,600cfm,c-6with stall speed, tilt, all new wiring,BMW elecric seats, and vintage air is coming. rack/pinion, concept one serpentine chrome pulleys. engine has never been fired. maybe this week. thanks for all the good advise and ideas. steve wible.

CDN.SD

Doesn't the C6 have an integral neutral/back-up switch?

IMHO it would be easier and cheaper to use it, rather than trying to find a 57 one.
Necessity is the mother of butchery

Ford Blue blood

The C-6 I have does not have it built in.  The 57 switch in my Retractable mounts on the column just above the the shift arm and only allows the car to be started in park.  It is held to the column with a simple "U" bolt arrangement.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

wv 57s forever

the c6 that i had in my car had the switch on the side, it bolts on over the rod that the shifter lever bolts to.