News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Antique Auto Battery

Started by JimNolan, 2011-02-11 10:24

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   Has anyone bought a battery from Antique Auto Battery ( Hudson, Ohio ). I talked to them today and they said the inside of their battery was made by Odyssey Batteries. It's a dry cell that is suppose to be very good. They claim a money back guarranty if I'm not happy with it. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

wildhog

JIM, IF THIS IS THE NEW OPTIMA STYLE BATTERY IN AN OLD STYLE 29NF FORD SCRIPT CASE. I TALKED TO THE SALESMAN AT CARLISLE FALL SHOW AND I WILL BE ORDERING ONE AS SOON AS I GET THE RAGTOP OUT THIS SPRING. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

Tom,
   It's not Optima, it's Odyssey. That's what I asked them. I said " you mean the cylinder sided battery" and they said no. I looked up Odyssy batteries and they looked good. It is the 29NPP/B battery with script.
   I tried this once before and used a wet cell battery just like the old style. They advertised the battery as 550 CCA and all it had was 275. Wouldn't start my car after the engine warmed up. I got that battery from Classicbatterymall.
   The new battery is dry cell they told me. The guy said if I let it set for three or four months I might need to recharge it. If so, I have to use a 10 amp charger. You can't use a trickle charger on this dry cell. He said the battery comes with an owners manual. That's scary. I ordered it anyway after he said that since I drive my car often I'll never have to read the owners manual. The bad part about it is that counting shipping I'll have $275.00 invested in it. I told him Hudson, Oh wasn't so far away I could make the trip over there and put it through his plate glass window if it didn't work as he said.
   I've talked to guys at the shows and they say the new style maintenace-free batteries are just like buying a battery from NAPA only more expensive. Jim
PS.  Have you used the item you bought from me yet.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

wildhog

JIM. NO I HAVE NOT USED IT, I AM SO FAR BEHIND-I THINK IM AHEAD-BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO HAVE THE STUFF ON THE SHELF WHEN YOU NEED IT. ALSO ALL ATTENTION IS GOING TO THE RANCHERO,HOPE TO HAVE IT ONE THE ROAD THIS SPRING. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)