News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wiring

Started by popd24, 2012-02-01 21:40

Previous topic - Next topic

popd24

rewiring 57 fairlane and can't find any info on attachments for wires in steering column...org,lt blue,white,3 lt greens. Dimmer...red and black,red and yellow,2 greens. also have no clue on wires for neutral switch. I bought a generic harness from Painless that works well but no info on what I am asking for. checked dvd bought online...no help...have 57 wiring book...no help

Ford Blue blood

Lets start with the steering column.  The wire from it are as follows;

Green = stop light in.  This wire is hooked to the output of the stop light switch.
Green/Orange stripe = left rear stop lamp/turn signal.  This wire needs to be hooked to the wire going to the back of the car for the stop lamps.
Green/blue strip = right rear stop lamp/turn signal.
Green/yellow stripe = left front turn and the dash left turn indicator.
Blue/white stripe = right front turn and the dash right turn indicator.

I do not know thw corresponding color codes for the Painless harness but they should be marked in the instructions.  If all else fails they use the GM color system on their wires.

The head lamp dimmer switch gets +12V from the head light switch, this wire is red/yellow.  The output of the dimmer switch goes directly to the head lamps and the hi beam indicator in the dash.  They are as follows;

Green/black stripe = hi-beams.
Red/black = low beams.

The neutral safety switch is located on the bottom of the steering column in the engine bay.  Your Painless instruction sheet should have the colors for it is well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

popd24

Thanks so much...this really helps...neutral switch isn't in painless...will try to figure it out...Thanks again. You made my day :002: