News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

left side headlight brow and other parts needed

Started by skip54, 2010-05-27 10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

skip54

good morning guys. the old 57 ranchero is coming together slowly. finally found the two piece qurter panels. i thought i had a good right side eyebrow but upon checking it is bad. the studs are rusty and to short. anyone have one. the next problem is inside the bed fender wells. mine are rusted at the bottom and won't meet the new floor. as soon as i find the eyebrow and fix the inner fender wells( any sugestions on what you guys have done) this old gal will be ready for paint. thanks   skip

RICH MUISE

Skip, on one of my old eyebrows that had threaded portion of studs broken off, I was able to thread the posts further down the shaft. If I remember correctly, a die wouldn't fit down in there,but I was able to do it with a thread cutting speed nut. I had to delete the sheetmetal bracket that goes over the studs and just use washers and nuts, but it worked fine. Just be as delicate as you can when cuttting the threads, and use a lubricant.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lgcustom

If all else fails, drill/countersink and attach with chrome trim screws from the front. That's what I did.

cool57

JB Weld some machine screws on the back.

1957 Ranch Joe

Skip I have the inter fenders cut out of wagon will they work I sent you Pics

skip54

thanks for the advice guys. if i don't find an eyebrow then i will have t try your ideas. anyone have a headlight ring. seems i have lost one. thanks again. skip

57shortone

I have several eye brows and a repair kit to fix your bad one. Give me a call 360-772-1309 DAVE