News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Tech Discussion / Re: 57 292 Advice Needed
Last post by hiball3985 - 2024-04-16 09:54
You are correct, coolant has to flow from both heads.
General Discussion / Re: Bad roadtrip 10 days ago.
Last post by RICH MUISE - 2024-04-16 09:11
The car had been running well, but I had been having the feeling it was running in "backup mode"....a bit sluggish at times, shifting points, etc, etc...... The computer I had replaced the original with had been sitting on a shelf for 15 years or so, and wasn't real sure about it. I did find another on eBay, and got it swapped out on Sunday. Just a few short trips and it made a big difference!! Definetly not running in back up mode any longer. Put 100 miles on it Sunday and Monday.  :003:
Wanted / Re: oil dipstick tube
Last post by Jerrys Kars - 2024-04-16 08:24
john Mummert had one for me
General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by lalessi1 - 2024-04-16 08:12
I saw Buffalo Springfield live in the 60's, they opened for the Beach Boys! Thanks for posting these awesome videos.
I have used mean ol mr gravity on numerous builds with great success!  He does a great job with both drum and disc.  When working alone sometimes you must employ infrequent visitors to help.....:<)
YES !  :003:
Still running nicely, but I may want to adjust the carb a little, from when I last drove it in November and I slightly increased idle rpms. We had terrific weather already last week (as can be seen in the 'GREEN' effect on the property). We had a weather front coming in and today it's down to 40 degrees again. snow coming on the mountains. But it's only said to last for a few days.
I am really looking forward to our annual seaside trip to Croatia end of May. This time taking the 57CS ! :001:
Other Brake Related Issues / Re: bleeding brakes
Last post by thomasso - 2024-04-15 22:53
It is usually sufficient to bleed disc brakes by simply opening the bleed screw until fluid runs out.
I'd swear it looks like it is mildly surging forward as if to say "C'mon man...let's go already!" LOL!!!
Other Brake Related Issues / Re: bleeding brakes
Last post by terry_208 - 2024-04-15 18:50
The calipers, if new, will be full of air.  If removing and replacing drum brakes, opening the sealed system will introduce air to it.  In both cases the air needs to be removed to give a good pedal. 

General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by djfordmanjack - 2024-04-15 18:42
You may not care about modern hip hop music (I don't). People are making a craze about this because it has been 'sampled' into modern hip hop music a thousand times. I still don' care. Drums are great, check. all over a great song, well worth listening ! The original. Everything else is a rip off.