News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Okay so I'm not finished! Emergency brake question.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2014-03-31 14:32

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

I went and told you guys my car was finally finished....well I lied! :bs: I still have the emergency brake system to finish then I'm finally finished being finished. I could use a picture on all the pieces needed to assemble, I have all the cables including the rod and I'll call it a swing arm that connects the three cables together I'm not sure if I have everything. Jeff has his car I can go look at but he will make me paint his kitchen if I show up. Thanks HRD

hotroddonnie

Well if your not interested in crawling around your garage floor taking pictures of the under side  of your car I totally understand, maybe you can direct me to a site that may show pictures of everything I need to see. Thanks HRD

RICH MUISE

Donnie...Go to "other brake related issues"....I brought it back to the top for you. If you need other photos, let me know...I've only got it rebuilt up to the adjusting mechanism at the tranny crossmember
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Thanks Rich that helps. I have all that was in the pictures. My crossmember has been changed with a custom made one thats why I need a picture of a completed one Thanks again HRD.

RICH MUISE

Hopefully this will help...These were taken before I tweeked the angles/brackets a little bit.

Ecode70D

Rich
   The bottom of your car sure is clean.   

Jeff Norwell

Wow!, Rich I agree with Jay,really nice undercarriage!
Donnie,Come by anytime.The contractors are still working.I have my Ford manuals you can look through as well.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hotroddonnie

PERFECT Rich! Thats what I needed, I see two pieces I don't have but I know who does....guess I better get my paint brush ready! Thanks Rich

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2014-04-01 06:14
Wow!, Rich I agree with Jay,really nice undercarriage!
Donnie,Come by anytime.The contractors are still working.I have my Ford manuals you can look through as well.
No problem Jeff, will keep in touch.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-01 06:17
PERFECT Rich! Thats what I needed, I see two pieces I don't have but I know who does....guess I better get my paint brush ready! Thanks Rich
Cool...now will you quit adding on to all those smites I've been gettin' since you joined the forum? :icon_clown:

hotroddonnie

I can't change Rich, Zap won't like the new me.

Finally1

1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Finally1 on 2014-04-02 11:34
what did that trans mount come from ?
I'll go back an doublecheck, but I believe it is a '01-02 crown vic. The design left itself open to easy modification..something most of the others I played with didn't. The crossmember holes are about 3/8 " off the centerline of the trammy holes, so it was pretty close to what I needed, and they could be rotated 180* to utilize that 3/8 offset. I did end up sloting the holes.  The crossmember will have to be redrilled, but that's no biggie. I'll confirm that year/model.

EDIT.......That mount is 2003 crown vic, anchor pn 3038. More info on it and install in my 4.6 install thread, page 15, reply#236.

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-01 17:02
I can't change Rich, Zap won't like the new me.

Truer words never spoken.

Zap- :unitedstates: :booty:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

Well I finished my emergency brakes and they work (holy crap!) I also finished my front seat belts, so I think I can safely say I'M FINISHED!!!! Okay maybe not I still have the back seatbelts and a front end alignment, BUT SOON! HRD.