News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Okay so I'm not finished! Emergency brake question.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2014-03-31 14:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-19 06:38
  a front end alignment, BUT SOON! HRD.

Donnie
     Why don't you do the alignment yourself? 
      I have been doing all of my straight front axles myself for more years that I want to admit
and never have had any tire problems.  Jay

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-19 07:27
Donnie
     Why don't you do the alignment yourself? 
      I have been doing all of my straight front axles myself for more years that I want to admit
and never have had any tire problems.  Jay

Jay I will be doing it with a friend at home, not hard to do your right, the guy that installed my axle will help.  HRD

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-19 07:34
Jay I will be doing it with a friend at home, not hard to do your right, the guy that installed my axle will help.  HRD

Donnie
    I have the gauges and portable pads, so after I installed all the new stock pieces in the front end on my 57 , I aligned that too. Good thing that I had an assortment of the shims so I didn't have to go looking for them. 
     Don't forget to keep your steering straight ahead before you start on yours.  Jay

hotroddonnie

Ecode70D

No Donnie!
    What I meant was for you to turn your steering wheel straight ahead when you do your alignment.   
    The steering box has to be centered before you start.   It has to be centered equal amount of turns from all the way on the right and equal amount of turns all the way from the left.
     It has to be dead center.
     I'm sure that someone else will explain it on better words than me..
Jay

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-19 22:00
No Donnie!
    What I meant was for you to turn your steering wheel straight ahead when you do your alignment.   
    The steering box has to be centered before you start.   It has to be centered equal amount of turns from all the way on the right and equal amount of turns all the way from the left.
     It has to be dead center.
     I'm sure that someone else will explain it on better words than me..
Jay
LOL I'm good with that Jay, I need to unhook the steering and find centre, which has already been done. HRD