News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trim removal

Started by 05gt, 2009-01-31 12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

I've been tring to remove the side trim on my 57 fairlane, but can't figure out how to remove the clips that retain the trim to the car without damaging them or the trim. I can see they just pop in, but is there a special tool to remove it, or do you have to squeeze or pull a certain way. Looking forward to getting them buffed and cleaned up!

shopratwoody

Some may have studs with nuts on backside, like the rear one, the hockey stick behind the door opening
and the front fender all the way behind the head light bucket. I think the first and last on the doors are studed. If you take out the door panels you can squeeze the orig clips with a pair of pliers to release them.
Then you can slide off if it won't pop off the remaining ones. Helps to get a view of what's going on.
Ron :burnout: :burnout:
I hate blocksanding!

05gt

Should of mentioned i have a victoria, so only have the trim on the back of the car. (directly behind the door) Hope heres no nuts to undo because not sure how i'd even get to them.

also, the trim around the windshield and rear window are held in place by screws, correct?

thanks

shopratwoody

The only screws in the windshield trim is behind the lower corner pieces on my Ranchero. Then
the trim comes out with the rubber. My rear window has no screws. look inside the trunk for studs.
On the clips squeeze the backside to take them out. Good Luck. I didn't know 57 had a Vic.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Lou

I assume you are talking about a Fairlane Victoria. You will have to remove the rear side panel as there is a nut holding the trim closest to the door. The very last clip at the rear near the taillight is also held on with a nut. See page 798 of the 1949/1959 Ford Master Parts catalog/ Illustrations.

05gt

Thank you very much guys, REALLY appreciate it!

And yes, it is a fairlane victoria  :003: