News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fan belt size?

Started by 05gt, 2010-10-12 20:35

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

Well after spending 3 hours on the side of the road sunday due to losing my fan belt somewhere along the highway, I seem to be having a hard time finding the proper size belt. Auto zone and napa both gave me a belt the was 41 1/2" long, but seems to be to short by several inches. Also, seems a bit wide for the pulleys to. All stock drive assembly with just the generator, crank, and  fan belt. Any idea as to what the proper size is? Once i get the correct size, I already know I'm purchasing 2 of them. On on the car, and one in the trunk as a spare. Was a great way to ruin a good crusin' day!!!

RICH MUISE

I don't have a clue what the correct size would be, but I'm sure the guys that will be able to help ya are going to need to know what engine your running.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

i looked in a old gates belt catalog.all 57 v/8 take the same gen/fan belt.gates says the belt is 45 1/8 long and 3/8 wide.hope this helps

05gt

Sorry, forgot to mention it's a 312. Thanks for the belt size! Tracked on down and I should get it tomorrow. I'll post back on monday to confirm. Everywhere I've looked had no idea, so thank you very much!