News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ranchero seats

Started by 30ford, 2011-02-23 18:53

Previous topic - Next topic

30ford

hi I am building a 57 ranchero and wondering if anyone has fitted bucket seats in one and what they came from

Frankenstein57

I am test fitting some buckets right now. I get free seats from my brother as he is a licensed salvage guy. I have a set of middle seats from a honda oddesey, they fit really well and are fairly wide to fill up the space. What I like is they will travel back just under the package shelf, I'm 6' 3  so leg room is good. I should mention that I removed the base risers from them. I also tried a set from a dodge avenger, they also fit well as did the console. I have a pair from a pontiac grand am, I have yet to try. Some guys strive for a 50s-60s look, these seats are not that. I'll try to post some pics. Mark

30ford

thanks mark I am going to the wreckers tomarrow to look around and also i found an article where someone used lincolin MarkVIII has anyone used these before and can you find them without headrest or do you have to remove them
bert

Frankenstein57

I think anything mid 70s and up will have headrests, maybe earlier. I had put a set in from a lexus, to tall in the seat area, puts your head into the headliner. Mark