News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hesitation

Started by 4thgen57, 2012-10-25 20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

4thgen57

272, auto. 2 bbl, Has had a hesitation from stop lights as long as I have drove it. Have installed bigger jets and it helped. Plugs look great. Dont see a reason to go bigger. Seems to be worse cold obviously, I just cant do a good hole shot!!!(  Installed a pertronix and that didnt help. just looking for any other ideas.
Carb is a 500 cfm holley. If I drive 2 footed and work the go peddle I can work through it and it drives great.
Thanks
4thgen57

lowrider

You didnt mention it but have you checked the accellerator pump in the carb to see if you get a good stream?  Next I would check base timing (I set mine 10* BTDC) and make sure it advances.

Hoosier Hurricane

Do you still have the heat riser valve in the exhaust system, and does it work properly.  Heat to the base of the carb is needed in the midwest weather.  John.

4thgen57

Accellerator pump is good. no heat riser. Even on 95 degree days in the summmer it hesitates. Will check timing as soon as I have a chance.
Thanks