News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Which Headers for 302 swap with rack and pinion?

Started by 512Fairlane, 2013-10-26 20:23

Previous topic - Next topic

512Fairlane

Is anyone running aftermarket shorty headers on their 302 swaps with a rack and pinion?  I'm installing an '89 5.0 out of a Mustang in our 57 Fairlane.  We also did a rack conversion.  The stock tubular headers fit quite nicely but they are very ugly.  I tried a set a BBK shorty headers for 79-93 Mustangs.  My plan is to use an H-pipe for a Mustang as well.  The drivers side fit well but the passenger side front two pipes go straight way too far out of the head before turning down.  What headers are you using on your 302 swaps.  Thanks.

Alex L.

I did a 351w swap and used the 89$ black headers always listed on eBay. Basically the cheapest ones on there. They fit great with no adjustment neccesary. Can't beat the price either.

sprink88

what rack and pinion did you use? I am looking at doing something some spring. Would like to start buying stuff?
~Chris

wildhog

I have a 351w in a 57 custom with the S&T rack and pinnion, and I am using stock mustang short tube headers, and they fit great. There is probably an after market header that would flow better , but this is a driver not a hotrod. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

512Fairlane

I'm using a Chevy Corsica rack.  We built our own frame brackets, etc.  I have all of the necessary part numbers if you need them.  The front two pipes on the BBK headers exit straight out and stick out about 5" from the head.  I only have around 3.5" before they hit the upper a-arm.  I need a set that turns down right away instead of going out so far.