News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bull Crap

Started by 4banger, 2012-02-05 15:27

Previous topic - Next topic

4banger

I went to and entered my 57 in a car show at the Ford Edison Museum in Fort Meyers Florida yesterday. It was all Fords only 1975 and older. Cars had to be Ford powered also. So wouldn't you know it. They gave best of show to a 39 Ford that was SHEBY POWERED with a small block. It was a great show till that happened. People don't know a sheby from a Ford. What a shame. That's why I hate trophy shows.

JimNolan

Fort Myers FL - 21st Annual Edison - Ford Exhibit Ford Car Show at the Edison-Ford Winter Estates 2350 McGregor Boulevard. by the Edison Ford Local V-8 Car Clubs and other classic Car enthuiasts toshow case their cars on display, registration 8:00 am - 9:00 am show 10:00 am - 3:00 pm (please have cars in place 9:00 am - 3:00 pm) Stock Pre 1960 Fords - Lincolns - Mercurys - Edsels ONLY NO modified cars. Pre-registration $15.00 by January 16, 2009 includes Driver $10.00 for each additional guest

This was their advertisement. You should request your money back. That's what I'm going to do from now on. The next time I go to a classic car show and a brand new car with a window sticker on it wins best of show, I'm asking for my money back. I never intend to go back to their show again anyway so why should I care what they think of me. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

4banger

I e-mailed the muesum about 2 hours ago. Told them it was a great show and Henry Ford would be turning over in his grave. I also said they broke the rules. I took my car from Orlando to Fort Meyers just for this show, 125 miles one way

JimNolan

Bring your car to Carlisle, Pa for the Ford Nationals. Your car is judged by people that own Fords and have brought their cars to the event. It's a humbling experience. I do wish there were more 57's though. For some reason 55 and 56 Fords dominate the attendance. I think the lack of stock 57-59's is why they put me in the stock class. When I questioned my engine not being available for the 57 year they said my cars interior and exterior's appearance afforded that class. Jim

geraldchainsaw

i ;pass all cars at shows having a chev in a ford

lowrider

I went to an all Ford show late last year put on by Mustang club. Best in show for trucks was a brand new Ford F350 diesel that I think was driven straight from the showroom floor. They passed by half a dozen restored & custom trucks there. There was alot of pissed off guys there and they didnt own the trucks.

geraldchainsaw

and where would that show have been?

lowrider

Birch Run if I remember correctly.

4banger

One lady got a first place for her 59 ford retractable. She got on the mic and said that she bought the car at Mecum aaannnnddd she has a corvette at home. Who really cares she has a corvette

Zapato

Quote from: JimNolan on 2012-02-05 17:29
Bring your car to Carlisle, Pa for the Ford Nationals. Your car is judged by people that own Fords and have brought their cars to the event. It's a humbling experience. I do wish there were more 57's though. For some reason 55 and 56 Fords dominate the attendance. I think the lack of stock 57-59's is why they put me in the stock class. When I questioned my engine not being available for the 57 year they said my cars interior and exterior's appearance afforded that class. Jim

Here's a perfect example of marque specific judged show bending/breaking the rules. Imagine how a guy with a 100% Concours Quality car would react if your car had placed higher in that so called "stock" class. I've become convinced over the years that at most shows there should only be 3 awards given.  Host Club Presidents" Pick, Participants Pick, and Spectators Pick.  Host Club members not eligible for any awards and no one voting for any car belonging to your club. This simple change of format at many runs would keep the petty bickering to a minimum. Is it about having fun or about the trophy hunt ? We all need to answer that for ourselves.

My 2 cents for what its worth.............Karma be good to me.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lou

Several years ago I took one of my cars to Carlise for the Ford Nationals, and on the advise of a friend put it in the show so I would have a good parking space. About a week after the show I get in the mail a second place award. I haven't bothered with shows in over 30 years, unless It's an award from the AACA it's just a dust collector.

4banger

The muesum said they reply to all e-mail. No reply yet.

Zapato

4banger, you'll get a reply. its really only been a couple days and these sort of things are usually handled by volunteers.  So it may take some time specially if those same volunteers are whipped after a major event.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JimNolan

Lou,
  I'm sorry you feel like the Ford Nationals is nothing more than a good place to park your car. For alot of us it's a real nice event, especially for cars that don't need trailors to get around with. I lilke cars that you can actually use. I go to museums to see cars that you can't use. Jim  PS  Excuse me, I've got to dust off my Ford National Trophy.

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.