News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Seat Belts

Started by clubcoupe57, 2012-02-09 19:17

Previous topic - Next topic

clubcoupe57

Hi guys what are some of the seat belts that have been installed and where did you purchase them? Retractable lap, Lap and shoulder? Thanks

gasman826

Quote from: clubcoupe57 on 2012-02-09 19:17
Hi guys what are some of the seat belts that have been installed and where did you purchase them? Retractable lap, Lap and shoulder? Thanks
For a while, I carried the Secretary of States pamphlet that describes accessories the older vehicles are NOT required to have because they were NOT invented yet.  That is, windshield washers, right hand outside mirrors, and seatbelts.  I even carried the pamphlet describing Michigan's Authentic license plate law.  I like some safety equipment.  If you have ever had your nose flatten against the inside of your windshield, you might start to think those seat belts might not be such a bad idea.  I could not get use to the naked feeling with no seat belts.  I bought a set of three point, retractables for both front seats (Thunderbird buckets).  Lap belt installation may be accomplished without disassembling the car but three points may require some disassembly.  My car was on a rotisserie when I completed the installation.  I welded a plate into the B column.  This would not be recommended on a hardtop or an assembled car.  Scorched paint and burning upholstery are not pretty smells!!!!

Ford Blue blood

Julionos sells kits that can be ordered as just lap belts, three point, retractable, non-retractable, new style latches, chrome old style and a wide variety of colors.  I have used there stuff in numerous builds and have been well pleased with the quality.  He advertizes in several of the hot rod magazines.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lou

Ford has offered seatbelts sence 1956, (Lapbelts) years ago I found out that they were the same is used in small airplaines, so for my 56/58 restorations I would go shopping for seatbelts at the store at Sikorsky Airport in Startford, CT.

clubcoupe57

Thanks guys for the info, ordered mine from wesco seat belts, good quality and not a bad price!