News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

outside mirrors

Started by buckie405, 2012-02-14 17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

buckie405

Where did Henry place the outside mirrors on the 57 ford?  Looking ae the pictures of member cars ,I see them on the fenders in different locations and the same  on the doors .
                       WHERE ARE THEY SUSPOSE TO BE?

wv 57s forever

i think it depends on the model.

buckie405

mine is a 500 2-door hardtop where should they be?

Alex L.

i don't know, my car doesn't have any mirrors.

JimNolan

The center of my mirrors are 15 1/4" from the door seam forward and 4" over the side of the fender from the hump in top of fender. When you install your passenger mirror you might have to pull it back toward door about a 1/4" to make sure antenna isn't in line of sight. I'm not saying this is the correct place but I am saying mine had the original style mirrors on it and we didn't move the holes when we restored the car. The style of mirrors are different from the early cars built in 1956, they are the mirrors left over from the 56 year model. The cars built in 1957 had square mirrors.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

What about the spotlight mirror combination units? factory? dealer install? or aftermarket?

Zap-  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lou

Anything that was outside the car such as Mirrors, spotlights, accy bumper guards, connie kit, hubcaps, rocker molding, even roof lights on taxis and police cars were dealer installed.