News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

John Force Holiday Show December 6, 2009

Started by 57AGIN, 2009-12-03 13:47

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

It is time, almost the last show of the 2009 year.  The John Force Holiday Show, held at the John Force Race Station in Yorba Linda, CA. is one of the nicer car shows of the year, in addition to being one of the last shows of the year.  Two years ago we were will represented by nearly all models of 57 Fords.  This year we aren't "special" any more, just another 52 year old car.  But, I think you will all agree it is a GREAT 52 year old CLASSIC car.  Rick and I just received our registration packets and will be there in the on site parking lot or on the street in front of the Force property.  Hope to see a good representation of our 57's there, but there will be no day of show registrations.  Also, the weather prophets are predicting scattered showers for the day of the show.  I certainly hop the rain holds off, but I'll be there anyway, as I've been assured that my 57 won't shrink.

Have a SAFE & HAPPY HOLIDAY this year and God bless our armed services troops where ever they are.

Bob
57AGIN

shopratwoody

Bob,
Hope to see you and Rick there.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

It was nice seeing you Guys ,Rick and Bob. Your cars were looking good as always.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Shopratwoody:

Yes, good to see you & your Ranchero  at the show.  We were certainly blessed by great weather, especially after the dismal projections.  Hopefully, we will have similar luck this coming Sunday at the Sunset Showdown event put on by the Beach Cities Mustang Club at Sunset Ford.  Rick and I will be there and I hope a couple of more 57's for this, the final car show of 2009.  Rick or I will post some pictures from the John Force show.  Unfortunately of the 950 cars at the show only four 57 Fords were at the show, so the number of pictures will be very limited.  Your Ranchero, Bill Sawyer's Retractable & Rick's and my Custom 300's we all that were in attendance. 

Oh well, there is always next year.  FYI, I'm thinking real strongly of adding a Paxton-Novi supercharger to my 57 in the next couple of months.  Kind of a semi-nostalgia addition.  I don't know if I'll be using the 1967 Mustang enclosed carburator type or the more traditional small chrome bonnet mounted on top of the carb.  I think maybe the latter, as it won't require major modifications to the throttle linkage.  See you next year.

57tudor

Hi All;
Had a nice ride to the show but with no heater in my hot rod so I and had to dress warm. Was nice to see Shopratwoody and Bill Sawyers. I felt sorry for Bill, they parked him in the back lot and it was cold and windy. Poor Bill was freezing his bumper off when we found him. Bob and I paid for VIP parking in front of John?s facility and they parked us out in the north 40, so none of my pics of our 57?s has John?s facility in the background. Also there were no show winners for the 57?s this year.

Rick.
57 Tudor.

Thor

Which one of you owns the green and white 300? I was curiouse about the front and rear drop that got you that stance! Love both cars though!
Have a Great Day,
Thor

57tudor

Thor.
It's a turquoise blue & white custom 300 owned by Bob Lee. I'll fire off a note to him for you.
Rick
57 Tudor.

57AGIN

Thor:

The stance on my 57 is due to a several factors:

1.  I ordered HD rear springs from Detroit Eaton, but with a 1" drop in them.
2.  The front springs are the original springs and the car was originally a 6 cylinder (I don't think they had different front springs except for the A/C equipped station wagon, and I haven't a clue why A/C would make a difference).
3.  I have Granada front disc brakes, which as I understand gives an 1" to 1.5" drop.
4.  The rear tires are 28" diam. 255/60R15's and the fronts are 225/60R15's.

Right now the low points on the car are all 3.5" off the ground.  I find this a bit of a problem in some parking lots (speed bumps) and steep driveways.  The car drives well, but I do scrape one of the low points on occasion.  The low points are the Doug's Headers electric exhaust cutouts, the ABS hydraulic pump (mounted below the drivers seat) and the front of the CalTrac traction bars.  I've attached a photo showing the traction bar & exhaust cutout clearance.  Pretty low.

I've also added a couple of other photos showing the stance.