News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Decatur, Texas swap meet

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-02-21 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Has anyone ever been to the annual Decatur, Tx. swap meet coming up this wwekend? According to their website, they sold over 3000 spaces last year. I can't believe there's a swap meet that big in N.Tx. I hadn't heard of before.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I drove down Friday night...and spent 7 hours Saturday going thru it. It was almost as big as the Pate swap meet held annually at the Texas Motor Speedway.. literally tons of vendors, not sure about the 3000 they advertised but probably close, at least it seemed like it. I had spent 3 or 4 hours leasurily going thru it, thinking the crest of the hill was the end of it, until I got there and realized that was less than 1/2 of it! Only thing missing were most of the big boys but there were a few of the really big trailers and big rigs there. And of course the thing that always seems to be missing from swap meets that I attend...'57 FORD PARTS! quite literally, the only '57 stuff I saw there was a set of dented hubcaps. There was a '58 project Ranchero for 700, and a 4 dr custom...maybe good survivor, for 5k.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe