News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

So. Cal. Galaxie Club's All Ford Show May 12

Started by 57AGIN, 2012-05-16 15:02

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Rick and I had a very interesting time at last Saturday's So. Cal. Galaxie Club's All Ford Show May 12, 2012.

This was a fairly small show with about 100 Ford, Lincoln & Mercury cars participating.  The show is located in a small tree filled grassy park and held in conjuction with a local High School's fund raising Western BBQ.  Rick and I both entered our 57's in the 49 & up Modified class, there was also a nice looking 60 Starliner in the class with us.  I also had my son drive my Shelby to the show and entered it into the 74 and up Mustangs - All class (about 6 Mustangs of various vintages).  Besides our two 57's there was a 57 Sunliner entered in the 49 & up Stock class and a very nice 57 Ranchero entered in the Truck class.  Toward the end of the show one of the Anaheim CA motor patrol Police Officers came over and asked who owned the 57 with the pro-stock hood scoop, the COP wanted to see his license & registration.  I quickly hooked him up with Rick (I knew why he was looking for the owner of the car).  Rick went away with the COP (not in hand cuffs, lol) and spent some time with him.  Then it was time for the Trophies to be given out.  Rick was the first to be called up to receive an award.  Seems like the Anaheim PD annually selects the "Car Most Likely To Be Pulled Over For Speeding." Rick received a plaque contaning a Citation (yes, a real speeding ticket) written out by the motor officer specifying that he was pulled over for speeding in excess of 80 MPH.  When our 49 and up Modified class was called, my 57 took 1st and Rick's took 2nd.  All of the 57's at the show trophied, the judging is done by the drivers of the cars entered in the show. Later, when the 74 & up Mustang - All class was called my 08 Shelby GT took 1st, ahead of a dealer sponsored road race car (I was really surprised at this).  The weather was great and about the only bummer is the amount of tree sap we both have to remove from our cars.  All in all a fun day in the Sunshine State.

Bob
57 AGIN

mike b

Looks like a nice setting for the show.Good going,your cars are making a hit wherever you go.

shopratwoody

Tree Sap on that nice paint!! That's bad :cussing:
I hate blocksanding!

57tudor

Ron.
The tree sap wasn't bad at all this year, very lite. Had my car cleaned off in 30 minutes or so. The Rossmoor, Rush Park show was a bummer, tree sap was real bad, had to clay bar the upper half of the car and re-wax it. Spent about three hours on it day after the show. I don't complain at all because I enjoy it and its good exercise.

Rick.
57 Tudor  :burnout:

shopratwoody

Good for ya Rick,
I can't do that anymore.Your car looks really good. :002:
I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

That ranchero looks alot like Rons.