News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

woodward dream cruise

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-08-17 08:19

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

the cruise started last nite,  any one live in the Detroit area going?,   and if so,l  wheres a good place to start,   i've tried 9 mile but it was really packed,  thanks    jerry

gasman826

It's so crowded.  Any spot you can find is a good spot.  If you want to cruise, it might already be too late.  I been several times.  Ususally with folding chair and cooler.  You can find a patch of grass and set up camp.  I would try between 10 and 12 Mile near a stop light.  I wanted to show the wife and we went 6PM Saturday a couple of years ago.  We got off I696 OK...I was supprised, I thought that the Woodward exit would be backed up out onto 696.  After an 1-1/2 hours, we had not crossed 11 Mile.  Everybody was having a good time.  Everyone cooperated as we crossed all the lanes and did a flip flop to get on south bound Woodward and back to 696.  Glad we went.  Dream Cruise has become a week long event.  If you want to drive and hang out on Woodward, midweek is a better choice.  But Saturday is really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lowrider

Just moved to Az. from Mi. this spring so this is the first Woodward cruise Ive missed in awhile. If you want a place to park head up Main street in R.O. right at I696 & turn down one of the side streets. Always seems to have a place to park & your only a couple blocks from Woodward. Washington is another good street also. My sister lives right there so I always had a place to park & hang out.

geraldchainsaw

i might have given the wrong inpression,   i don't want to park,  i'll be in it,   last time i was there in got on at 9 mile,   it was so crowded i got off at 10 mile, where does it actually start?,   and where does it really go to starting at where and ending where?,   thanks   jerry

RICH MUISE

lowrider...where in az.? My wife and I are headed to Phoenix the first week in Sept. In fact, I had her change her days off so we could be in Phoenix on Saturday night for the Pavilion Cruise that I missed in April. No shows that week that I can find...if you know of something let me know.
Sorry about changing the subject guys.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

9 Mile to Orchard Lake.  Saturday night is a parking lot everywhere.  It is still going this morning and it is stop and go (more stop than go!!).