News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Kiwi Visitors - Allan & Julie

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-06-03 16:00

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

Kiwi ragtop and his wife Julie are back in the States.  The came to visit with Rick and me at the Huntington Beach Concours Hot Rod Show last Saturday.  We had a good visit and they had a good opportunity to see some nicely done hot rods, US style.  I've attached a couple of photos of Allan & Julie standing beside our cars, I've also included a couple of photos of cars being judged at this show.  The judging was far more in depth than any of the other shows Rick and I have been to in the past.  They judged on a 100 point system with points awarded for about 10 different criteria; eg., paint, interior, engine, fitment, stance, etc. including getting down on hands & knees and up close & personal with the owners standing by to answer questions.  Very thorough and appreciated.

Allan and Julie are going to ride with me in 57 AGIN on Wednesday to the NHRA Museum's Twilight Cruise in Pasadena, CA.  They will have the opportunity to see lots of other hot rods/show cars, as well as checking out the NHRA Museum's many historical drag cars and exhibits.  Here's an invitation to all Southern California Ford and 57 Ford owners to come out and meet a really nice couple from "Down Under."  This couple exemplifies the international interest in 57 Fords, they have a 57 T-Bird, Sunliner and I believe a Country Sedan station wagon.  We should arrive at the show about 2:00 p.m. and will be there until the show ends at around 8:00 p.m.  Hope to see you out there.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

They are a great couple..Connie and I enjoyed their short visit here last year (was it 2 years ago?). Tell them Rich from Amarillo said Hi!
Love car shows in Park settings...sure beats the heck out of concrete parking lots. We never see too many pics of Your's and Rick's cars. Just keep posting. That cruise night should be fun.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

Bob...

I am planning on being there Wednesday if work doesn't get in the way. Should be a packed cruise since it is "Ladies Night".

The NHRA Twilight Cruise is actually in Pomona at the Pomona Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fairgrounds) right at the NHRA Museum....
http://www.museum.nhra.com/cruise.asp

Hope to see you!

Rob

57AGIN

robhaerr:

I'll be there with Allan & Julie.  Unfortunately, Rick has another obligation on Wednesday.  Hope your work doesn't interfere, but earning $$$$ to put bread on the table does take a priority.  Any other So Cal guys or gals come on out & meet the Kiwis and talk 57's.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

Took Allan & Julie with me to the NHRA Museum Twilight Cruise today.  Got there about 2:00 p.m., should have arrived at about 11:00 a.m. to get a parking space in the shade. lol  We parked next to Bill Sawyer's 57 Skyliner, his car is very close to a 100 point Concours car and is used in many Southern California parades.  There was one other 57 besides our two cars, a mildly customized 57 Fairlane 500.  Pretty nice car with a 351W for power.  Much later in the day, after normal working hours, robhaerr arrived with his friend Steve and "Project 302."  His car is beautiful and although we were only together for a few minutes we have vowed to get together again in the near future.  There were lots of neat cars at the show I took a photo of an interesting  customized 50 Ford Club Coupe that had a real false Ford (Chevy) power plant, check out the attempt to make a Chevy into a Ford power plant.  Nice try but no cigar. Finally I also took a photo of Gale Banks in the midst of his seminar of what happens when an engine is turbo or supercharged.  Fascinating seminar.  See the photos in this and the next thread.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

57AGIN

57AGIN

Wow:

I messed up again.  Maybe I'll get it right this time. lol

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Bob. Nice to see a 'shoebox without a chopped roof. In Pueblo last month That '39 Lincoln Zepher I posted pics of had an Corvette LS1 in it..with cnc machined alum plates attached to the valve covers that read LINCOLN ZEPHER. Not sure who he was trying to fool.
Was this the first get-to-handshake for Bob and Rob?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

Great to meet Bob, Allan, and Julie last night!

It is very funny that this cruise is supposed to go from 4-8 pm, but cruisers start arriving around 11am. Lot is packed by 1pm and it was half empty by 6pm. Bob and I were the last to leave at sunset...fun stuff.

I arrive about 6pm after a rough work day. Fashionably late and plenty of places to park. I forgot my camera.

Bob's 57AGIN is so gorgeous...pictures do no justice! ..and the music that comes from under the hood is wonderful.

Allan also brought a great gift of a '57 Ford poster on vinyl of all the 1957 models. Love it...thanks, Allan. Wish I would have had a CD of The Ravelers to trade.

Looking forward to the next meeting...
Rob

kiwi ragtop

Well our 2013 holiday has come to an end, We managed to cram in as much as we could in the 28 day spent in the US.

We spent the first part of our trip in California where a lot was happening, Pomona swapmeet, longbeach swapmeet, NSRA cruise nite, LA roadster show just to name a few.
It was good to catch with Bob, Rick and Rob while in LA. I also made a trip down to San Diego to pick up some parts off John Mummert a real nice guy, and has a wealth of knowledge on Y Blocks that he is happy to share.

The final part of the holiday was spent with wildhog and his crew at the back to the 50s in St Paul. This event is definitely a must do, they had over 12,000 cars registered for the weekend, you will see more 57 fords at this event than anywhere else.

One of the highlights of the trip was picking up some of the vintage speed equipment wildhog tracked down for me, a set of fenton exhaust manifolds also a fenton 2x4 inlet manifold for my 57 convertable. I would not have a **** show in hell of finding these parts with out the help of wildhog. Thanks again Tom
Well its back to reality, we arrived home to 21 deg its a long way from the 90 deg days we had become accustom to.

So its back to work Monday and start saving for the next trip.

cheers Kiwi ragtop

57AGIN

Allan & Julie:

It was great to get to see you two again during your Holiday this year.  Some day I'd like to travel back East to meet and see the great shows that you KIWI's have been able to.  It is really odd how little many of us really get around in our own country.  You two are definitely both "World Class" people and travelers.  Look forward to seeing you on your next Holiday, provided you are stopping off in Southern Calif.

Bob
57 AGIN