News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hardtop window anti rattle trim

Started by Wirenut, 2016-05-27 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

I am looking for the rear quarter window felt/anti rattle outer trim for the left side. I purchased the entire kit and ruined the above listed piece. I am trying to find the one piece without buying the entire kit again. I called and they only sell the kits. If anyone happens to have that piece I'd like to buy it. I have looked on Ebay, Dennis Carpenter, and Obsolete Ford parts.
The car I have is a 2 door 500 hardtop.. 

gasman826

I have new rear only set for a Custom.  Without checking the application, I would guess these won't help.

Wirenut

Thanks Gasman,I assume they are different. After reading Rich's post about his, I may try some epoxy. I have several tabs left that will help hold in place. I did not realize when I attempted to snap in place the factory holes were only punched through the first panel. Evidently when the car was assembled the two metal pieces were welded together but the dies did not punch the inner holes or the car was assembled misaligned. I did not realize there were other post about this piece and installation before I posted mine. Thanks