News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Beltline Weatherstrip for Country Sedan

Started by jrw429, 2012-01-11 14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

jrw429

I'm trying to replace the beltline weatherstrip in my Country Sedan. I've also seen it referred to as the door glass anti-rattle. It is the felt and whisker lined piece at the base of each door's window, inside and out, that keeps the window from rattling and also keeps much of the rain out from the inside of the door. Mine is completely trashed, especially in the two rear doors. I've not found any place that has what I need. I phoned Dennis Carpenter and they said that the Country Sedan (and I guess all wagons) have different doors than other models, and so the parts will not interchange. Buying generic weatherstrip and gluing it in was the recommendation.

Anyone have leads on the proper parts? And are the doors in a 1957 Country Sedan really different from other 4-door models?

57chero

The upper rear door frame on 4dr. wagons slants forward and 4dr. sedans are straight up and down. www.classicautoparts.com lists 8pc kits for the 4dr sedan and wagons for $79.95 .

jrw429

Thanks, I've ordered from them and looking forward to getting those damn rattles to stop!

jrw429

The Classic Auto Parts catalog and web site both say "1957-58 Ford Fordor Sedan and Station Wagon (Stock # P21-41165-175) - 8 pieces OEM # B7a-21452/3-73K kit $79.95". I ordered that and as I have come to find out, of course it does not fit the Country Sedan station wagon. The window glass that rolls up and down in a station wagon is a few inches wider than in the passenger cars because there is no rear quarter window in the station wagon doors. I just phoned them and got a return number. The fellow I spoke to said that they create all their door window felt weatherstrip kits in house, and they should be able to create a kit for the wagon. If so, they can get it in the catalog as a separate part number. I'll follow up with them and see what happens. The kit I received that won't fit is fantastic quality.

jrw429

I returned the incorrect parts to Classic Auto Parts. I thought it would simply be credited back to my card. In fact, they took my information and created the correct parts for the Country Sedan. I'm really happy with this! They make the parts themselves, and it is very high quality. It is nearly an exact replacement. No more rattles! The product tag on it says: "DOOR WINDOW FELT KIT, 8PC 1957-58 FORDOR STATION WAGON, BODY CODE 79, FRONT AND REAR DOOR WINDOW FELT KIT, 8PCS Replaces: B7A-21452/3-79K". I don't see it on their online catalog yet, so phone and ask them if you too need this.

RICH MUISE

Good to hear another positive story. I buy alot from them and have talked to the owner several times. His name is Dale and he owns Dale Manufacturing, which you will see on quite a few of their parts. He is never there at Classic, but does the swap meets.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe